Opportunities for Highly Skilled Apartment Maintenance Supervisors
Join an award winning company that has temporary, temp-hire and direct hire opportunities throughout Wilmington and the surrounding areas.
- Identify, research and execute, along with the Property Manager, any maintenance and repairs needed and/or vendor bids and contracts for the property, and ensure that all vendors are delivering services as contracted while meeting our high expectations.
- Ensure and maintain impeccable curb appeal by keeping all buildings, walkways, parking lots, common areas, landscaping, grounds, amenities and the entrance crisp and clean, free of any debris, and improved upon as needed.
- Ensure the successful execution/completion of preventative maintenance, physical inspections and implementation of safety policies and procedures.
- Lead team by example- provide a mentoring environment that nurtures and encourages professional improvement and promotes the highest level of resident satisfaction through responsiveness, consistency & professional interaction.
- Manage the maintenance shop, ordering supplies and maintain proper inventory control within budget guidelines.
- Knowledgeable of OSHA regulations, SDS standards, State and Federal laws.
- Ensure record keeping is accurate and up to date.
- Manage all turnover scheduling, working closely with the management team through proper communication.
- Ensure work orders are completed promptly. Review and establish schedules, assigning employees to tasks. Must be available for on call emergencies and ensure the property has coverage at all times.
- Must stay current in the maintenance field using new products to improve efficiency and reduce expenses.
- Strong technical skills including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliances, and carpentry.
HVAC/CFC and CPO certifications are required.
$17-$19 per hour
Ask about Mileage reimbursements
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED equivalent with 5 years' experience in the apartment industry and at least 3 years' experience as working supervisor over a team.
Candidate must have a clean background, valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
We are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.