Software Development Engineer
Fulfillment.com Savannah, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental, life insurance
Fulfillment.com, a rapid growing 3PL (3rd party logistics) company is looking for a mid-level Software Development Engineer.
The Software Development Engineer will work with a small team to solve a broad set of challenges pertaining to growing and scaling the business, such as, development/implementation of modern, web-facing apis, hardware development in the logistics industry, product design and database architecture, 3rd party integration and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build development, test and production infrastructure on AWS
- Create and optimize infrastructure performance metrics using AWS and Datadog
- Troubleshooting issues to resolution to assist with increased productivity and other company running
- Create backups for different AWS services and applications
- Provide quality documentation for both end users and internal teams
- Other duties assigned as necessary
- Solid experience with object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of RESTful api design and implementation
- Experience in implementing Amazon services including: Reserved Instances, EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, DynamoDB, EBS, IAM, SNS, SQS, Route 53, Application Load Balancer, Code Deploy, Cloud Watch, VPC, Auto Scaling, etc.
- Experience in architecting large databases
- Familiar with web development workflow trends (grunt, gulp, npm, pre-processing)
- Experience with Linux operating systems, administration, command line tools and troubleshooting issues
- Solid experience with SQL-based RDBMS
- Familiar with SoC (separation of concerns and good coding practices for multi-tiered applications
- Experience using a debugger
- Experience using any ORM
- Knowledge using any web frameworks (Sinatra, Ruby on Rails, Laravel, etc.)
- Experience with design/coding for the web (HTML5, CSS, jQuery)
- Background in Logistics, shipping or warehouse management- A Big Plus
Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field
- 5+ years experience in a programming/development role
- Ability to work closely with a small team in office or remotely
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take initiative on projects with little direction
Compensation will commensurate with experience.
Local candidates will be considered as there is not a relocation package offered with this position.
Every employee at Fulfillment.com has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business. Here’s what we do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGZAPwEtfUc
Fulfillment.comWhy Work Here?
Great company values - Trust, Teamwork, and High Energy
Fulfillment.com is the preeminent provider of e-commerce 3PL services to independent Internet retailers worldwide. Based in Savannah, Georgia USA, Fulfillment.com is one of America’s fastest growing private businesses. If you want to grow, Fulfillment.com is the place for you! Air Conditioned warehouse in Savannah, Georgia. We are pleased to have been named one of the world’s top 3PLs by the editors of Multichannel Merchant. Every employee at Fulfillment.com has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business. Here’s what we do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGZAPwEtfUc
730-B King George BlvdSavannah, GA
TechnologyView all jobs at Fulfillment.com