The Project Engineer serves as liaison between the Client, the Project Manager, and Subcontractors to make sure a construction project proceeds safely, accurately and smoothly. The Project Engineer has a delegated responsibility for those elements of a construction project that bring it from plans to close out. Elements include, but are not limited to document control, submittal management, RFI management, procurement, change order management, contracts administration, issue resolution, safety auditing, and support of field coordination.
A successful Project Engineer must be detail-oriented, innovative, creative, proactive, and be able to manage/resolve conflict. Project Engineers must be able to work collaboratively with project team members and managers to develop and maintain relationships with owners, vendors, suppliers, and other project stakeholders.
- Maintain job files (RFIs, specifications, addenda, construction documents etc.) in both hard and soft copy formats as the project requires
- Prepare, review, and distribute RFIs, submittals, and other contract documents in a timely manner; ensure compliance with the contract documents
- Purchase and monitor the delivery of all needed materials for the project(s) ensuring optimum prices, quality and conformance to specifications
- Execute the project within initial established financial boundaries
- Develop and manage job progress schedules and ensure that the construction of a project parallels the schedule
- Make sure subcontracts are executed and insurance is in place; provide clear definitions of work responsibility to subcontractors and vendors from various trades and ensure that all phases of the work are covered; review and approve subcontractor and vendor payment requests
- Manage the procurement log in coordination with the Project Manager and the Project Superintendent to avoid delays and/or impacts
- Review subcontract and self-perform change orders on the jobsite; perform quantity takeoffs to validate the change requests
- Manage the closeout matrix, assist in compiling manuals for owner closeout packages
Primary Functions and Essential Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of project estimating as it relates to assigned areas of responsibility
- Working knowledge of project schedule and assist in maintaining the project computerized schedule
- Work with Lead Project Engineer and Project Manager to prepare scope of work instructions, technical requirements and bid packages for subcontractor and vendor items
- Utilize the project management system to expedite, review and approve shop drawings, submittals and safety requirements for assigned tasks
- Distribute approved submittals to pertinent subcontractors
- Ensure that assigned materials and equipment are released for fabrication in adequate lead time to accommodate the required jobsite delivery date, designated by the Superintendent on assigned tasks; procure other materials and equipment as instructed by the Lead Project Engineer and Project Superintendent
- Obtain and check subcontractor pricing and assist in assembling change quotations as directed by the Lead Project Engineer and Project Manager
- Assist in maintaining the project files, close-out and storage of documents at completion
- Working knowledge of the contract documents to include reviewing all drawings and specifications for design inconsistencies and conflicts
- Know and understand the subcontract documents as they apply to assigned areas of responsibility
- Write field questions and expedite answers from Architect to allow the assigned components of the work to be fabricated and installed in the most efficient manner
- Assist in documenting changes, maintain project record drawings and specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in CEM, Civil Engineering, Architecture or a related field is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in the construction industry is preferable
- Must be proficient with a variety of related computer software applications including MS Office (Excel, Word), PDF, Smartsheets , Bluebeam, Procore, Ebuilder (desirable) and estimating and document programs/
- OSHA 10 and/or OSHA 30 certification
- Salary Commensurate with Experience
- 80 hours paid vacation per year accrued weekly
- Weekly paychecks
- Opportunity for growth within the company
You must be well-organized, committed to producing high quality work and skilled in time management, while contributing and facilitating the global success of the projects you work on.
Fulcrum Construction & Building Services, LLC
Why Work Here?Fulcrum Construction is a General Contractor, headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, specializing in commercial, multi-family, residential and public works. Within these areas, we perform scopes of work in new construction, restoration, tenant improvement and a maintenance division. We serve our customer’s bringing a seamless, efficient, high quality, on-time performance to their projects while partnering in the development, growth and change to our community. Fulcrum employs innovative and state of the art methods and materials on our jobs. Our company core values create and maintain a culture of excellence, attitude, honor, integrity, ownership and safety. We are a growing company and are looking for people who want to join our team, contribute to our culture. We are committed to making an impact in the built environments we deliver; the relationships that we build in the process. You must be well-organized, committed to producing high quality work and skilled in time management, while contributing and facilitating the global success of the projects you work on.
Fulcrum Construction, an emerging general contractor with great vision and growth. We value our people..building awesome together!