Instrument & Electrical Technician
- $32 to $47 Hourly
The Instrument & Electrical (I&E) Technician’s primary responsibility is to maintain the controls hardware, instrumentation, analyzers and electrical equipment at the Sierra Biorefinery and Feedstock Processing Facility (FPF). Key responsibilities of the I&E Technician include the performance of preventive maintenance programs for the equipment and troubleshoot and repair as needed. They will also assist in the management of all spare parts for instrument, analytical and electrical equipment.
- Champions and models a safety-first environment by positively supporting the safety culture through training, identifying and addressing safety issues, and demonstrating a strong safety attitude.
- Understands and uses the proper PPE for the task (i.e. hard hat, gloves, arc flash suits, etc.)
- Knowledgeable and experienced with maintaining and troubleshooting electrical equipment ranging from 13.8 KV down to 24 VDC with the ability to learn the skills for working on 120 KV systems.
- Executes assigned preventive maintenance tasks on schedule and documents results in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Recommends improvements to job tasks and equipment to improve safety, reliability, and cost. Works with Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance to implement improvements.
- Works with Operations and other Maintenance crafts to safely address plant problems.
- Safely performs troubleshooting on equipment (operating and off-line) without impacting reliability and makes repairs as needed.
- Direct contractors to perform instrument/electrical work as needed to supplement Fulcrum I/E technicians for both routine activities and projects.
- Assist in the creation/modification of operating and maintenance procedures for instrumentation, analyzers, and electrical equipment.
- Maintains analytical equipment for the Biorefinery lab.
- Works with the Maintenance Coordinator and Operations to plan and schedule preventive maintenance, non-routine maintenance, and project work.
- Provides technical guidance and recommendations for the design, installation, and operation of instrument and electrical equipment for future Fulcrum plants. (Lessons learned). Maintain quality records for future use.
- Knowledgeable of NFPA 70E for arc flash classification, boundary distance and PPE.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with maintaining and troubleshooting analyzers such as mass spectrometer, (variable magnetic sector and quad pole), FTIR’s, Total Sulphur, O2, Gas Chromatograph, pH, etc. Understands calibration materials/equipment and assist in the management of inventory.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with test equipment such as hart communicators, calibration equipment and software packages for reviewing PLC logic.
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as Modbus, TCP/IP, RS 485, RS 232.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the overall success of the Biorefinery / FPF facilities.
The company's plants, beginning with Sierra BioFuels near Reno, NV, will provide customers with low-cost, low-carbon drop-in fuel that is competitively priced with traditional petroleum fuel.
Fulcrum, a privately held company, has aligned itself with strategic feedstock, technology and fuel offtake partners, such as Waste Management, Waste Connections, United Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, Japan Airlines, Marathon Petroleum and BP, to further strengthen and accelerate the company's innovative approach to commercially producing large volumes of renewable fuel from municipal solid waste.
Help to make history and be part of a revolution in producing fuel from garbage!
Based in Pleasanton, California, Fulcrum is leading the development of a reliable and efficient process for transforming municipal solid waste - or household garbage - into jet fuel. The company's plants, beginning with Sierra BioFuels near Reno, NV, will provide customers with low-cost, low-carbon drop-in fuel that is competitively priced with traditional petroleum fuel. Fulcrum, a privately held company, has aligned itself with strategic feedstock, technology and fuel offtake partners, such as Waste Management, Waste Connections, United Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, Japan Airlines, Marathon Petroleum and BP, to further strengthen and accelerate the company's innovative approach to commercially producing large volumes of renewable fuel from municipal solid waste.
Fulcrum BioEnergy, Inc.
3600 Peru DriveReno, NV
Get fresh Instrument & Electrical Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.