Operations Manager - DC
Fujitec Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manage and lead the field force to be able to service our customers in a timely manner, profitable manner. Lead efforts to grow market share in all lines of business. Manage all field operations to ensure the department functions profitability.
24 – (19) Mechanics, (3) Helpers, (1) Operations Supervisor, (1) Warehouse/Driver
This role manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employee(s) and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. The individual also directly supervises nonsupervisory employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems. All hiring, coaching, performance management and terminations are to be in coordination with HR support and approval.
- Supervise superintendents and employees by providing direction and training, and communicating company policies, procedures and objectives. Includes hiring, supervising performance management, and administering progressive discipline.
- Administer company safety program. Includes performing safety audits when necessary and stressing the importance of safety to all employees.
- Visit job sites and performs quality audits to ensure that route work is being completed efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensures that New Installation and modernization job audits are completed for construction and modernization turnovers, including identifying issues that could potentially affect the overall reliability of the equipment and providing feedback and recommendations for the improvement of future installations.
- Review route management and callbacks, including making necessary changes to improve profitability.
- Provide technical input to sales staff on the scope of work and materials needed to respond to RFP’s. Includes calculating labor and material costs.
- Assist in retention and market growth strategies for the New Installation, modernization, Service and Repair departments.
- Work with branch manager and service sales executives and account managers to address customers’ needs.
- Administer parts program for contract service and repair to meet budget expectations and customer satisfaction.
- Complete other duties as assigned, as this is not a comprehensive list.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum 5 years in elevator industry
- Requires a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report.
- Travel Requirements: 5%
- Technical Professional Knowledge
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Customer Service Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EXPECTATIONS
- Job duties are performed mainly within an established office environment under normal lighting and climate-controlled tolerances. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- When the employee has cause to visit a work site, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The noise in the work environment is often loud.
- Requires a consistent physical presence at the branch office to oversee shared services functions and employees, normally achieved by working standard business hours. Certain positions will require a flexibility of working hours to meet the demands of the job and the direction of the manager.
The work environments are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Fujitec