System Administrator - Mason
- Posted: over a month ago
Mid-level administrator responsible for designing, managing, and supporting computer systems and business applications. This position exercises discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems to meet corporate objectives.
- Identify, assess, and solve Tier 1 & 2 end-user technical issues for hardware, software, and system configuration problems.
- Deploy, monitor, and maintain workstations, servers, printers, scanners, firewalls, encryption systems, and all host security systems.
- Communicate system issues to other employees and management.
- Provide support for software deployments and physical infrastructure implementations.
- Manage and support computer peripherals including printers and scanners.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Provide project implementation support as needed.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
- Document procedures and standards related to hardware and software acquisition, use, support, and security.
- Train end-users on use of computers, applications, and network.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems procurement and development efforts.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties.
0 - None
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor’s in computer science or related. An equivalent demonstrated on-the-job experience in combination with related certifications and/or on-the job experience is acceptable. (Preferred Certifications: CompTIA Server+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE)
- Experience: Minimum 3 years in network or system administration
- Solid technical knowledge for administration of network, PCs, operating systems, cloud technologies, security solutions, and end-user devices.
- Proficient in use and administration of business productivity applications such as Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office Applications, SharePoint, and MS Teams.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data management.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Foundational Cybersecurity knowledge and understanding of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and support requests efficiently.
- Technical Professional Knowledge
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Analysis/Problem Assessment
- Performance Motivation
- Initiative/Discretionary Effort
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service Orientation
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EXPECTATIONS
- Job duties are performed mainly within an established office environment under normal lighting and climate-controlled tolerances. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The work environments are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Requires lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or pulling.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. This job description is not intended and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job. Furthermore, the employer reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Powered by JazzHR
Fujitec America, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Fujitec America, Inc.