Fuel Medical Group is looking for a coding and billing subject matter expert within the ENT and Audiology medical space. Ideal candidates will have the skills and ability to act as a knowledge resource to ENT Physicians, Audiologists, Practice Managers, and Fuel staff in the field of Otolaryngology, Audiology, Allergy billing, coding, insurance contracts, and Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
Using their knowledge of CMS and insurance contracts in an Ear, Nose and Throat Practice with Audiology and Allergy as major departments, the Manager will train on various topics that will include using medical coding and classification systems to calculate and invoice patients. They also submit procedure and diagnosis claims to insurance companies for reimbursement.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Able to analyze procedures and contracts and provide recommendations to maximize services and resolve issues.
· Able to analyze superbills and related documentation and makes appropriate recommendations to ensure revenues are maximized and legality is maintained, and trains on best practices in this area.
· Uses knowledge of current ICD-10-CM and CPT codes to create lists of relevant codes and their purposes, and train Fuel staff and Members on their appropriateness in ENT and Audiology settings.
· Able to read medical contracts and understand the implications of any carve-outs, and then makes recommendations for appropriate solutions to the issues these carve-outs may cause.
Essential Requirements and Qualifications
· Minimum of 5 years working in a Billing, Coding, Contracts compliance capacity in an Ear, Nose and Throat/Otolaryngology practice with Audiology and Allergy Departments required. Experience with Cochlear procedures and associated CPT codes a plus.
· Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required; Certificate from American Health Information Management Association or Associate’s degree in health information technology, a plus.
· Thorough knowledge of Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) procedures.
· Thorough knowledge of medical and DME contracts and codes in an ENT and Audiology setting.
· Thorough understanding of HIPAA requirements.
· A history of operating with a sense of urgency with proven results.
This is a full-time opportunity, 5%-15% Travel Required.
If you feel this describes you, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration. Equal opportunity employer. For additional information please visit www.fuelmedical.com