Continuous Improvement Manager/ Process Engineer, Architectural Metals
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $110,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
A leader in Architectural Metals and Manufacturing Company located in Alpharetta, Georgia, has an immediate need for a Continuous Improvement Manager. The Continuous Improvement Manager will work closely with the Operations team (Production, Quality, Planning, and Maintenance) to standardize best practices and processes throughout Fry Reglet’s manufacturing plants. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the ideal candidate will thrive working with different stakeholders across multiple teams and areas, including, but not limited to, coordinating with multiple department Managers around specific initiatives, developing communication tools, and tracking metrics.
- Identify improvement opportunities through on-the-floor observations and through collaborations with other operations leaders.
- Standardization and sustainability of best practices and processes throughout the Manufacturing network of plants are core responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to engage, mentor, train and develop a cohesive team.
- Brainstorm ideas and solutions to solve the issue at hand while being mindful of the efforts required to complete the request. Perform cost-benefit analysis to justify the proposal.
- Develop detailed project plans to meet business objectives based on cross-functional input and analysis. Through collaboration and influence, gain buy-in and team ownership of the plan.
- Prepare and present ongoing status reports during the project development phase (meeting recaps, action items, issues / risk logs).
- Drive the adoption and implementation of projects post-development. Act as the single point contact to facilitate monitoring and compliance activities.
- Prepare and present status updates during and after implementation (dashboards, KPIs, and areas for improvement). Determine if additional follow-ups are required to achieve compliance.
- Participate in the change management necessary to ensure processes strike the right balance between rigor, replicability, adaptability, and flexibility.
Experience and Skills
- Excellent communication skills - good structure and clarity in written, oral, and presentation materials.
- Executive presence including ability to manage agenda with management team in regular meetings.
- Effective decision-making skills - ability to negotiate and balance decisions and priorities across needs of several functional departments. Makes timely decisions in the face of risk and uncertainty.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing and leading projects.
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite.
· Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred; Six Sigma Green Belt required
· Strong People Skills with ability to form strong connections, earning their trust and ability to influence
· Experience leading and facilitating multiple Kaizen events a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Minimum 5-7 years in a similar role
· Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
· Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
· Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
· Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels.
· Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
· The worker is required to have close visual acuity.
· Sitting for long periods of time.
· Must be able to occasionally lift to 50 lbs.
· At times dusty due to the manufacturing aspect.
General Employee Responsibilities
All employees are required to ensure safety guidelines are being met to assure a safe work environment. A clean work environment should be maintained at the work station and throughout the warehouse. Workers are to promote a teamwork environment by maintaining a positive attitude, being approachable, being willing to help in areas of temporary heavy volume in any department, keeping safety a priority, and by admitting mistakes quickly and openly to prevent more work for the team in the future.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fry Reglet Corporation is a privately held company headquartered in Los Angeles County, California, with an additional production facility in Alpharetta, Georgia area. For more than 69 years, we have been the trusted source for superior metal fabrications and component systems. Our products embody precision engineering, expert manufacturing, and inherent sustainability. Designed to answer your need for customization and flexibility, Fry Reglet is where engineering and manufacturing expertise meets design. Our products offer tailored, turnkey solutions with guidelines for efficient and accurate installation.
Fry Reglet is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job related qualifications and ability to perform without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information for self or family, medical history, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws prohibiting discrimination. Fry Reglet will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based upon these characteristics, based on the perception that anyone has those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Fry Reglet Corporation
Fry Reglet Corporation is a privately held company headquartered in Los Angeles County, California, with an additional production facility in the Atlanta, Georgia area. For more than 70 years, we have been the trusted source for superior metal fabrications and component systems. Our products embody precision engineering, expert manufacturing, and inherent sustainability. Designed to answer the need for customization and flexibility, Fry Reglet is where engineering and manufacturing expertise meets design. Our products offer tailored, turnkey solutions with guideline for efficient and accurate installation.
1225 OLD ALPHARETTA RD STE 200Alpharetta, GA