Position: Pharmacy Clerk/Assistant
Direct Supervision: Pharmacy Manager
Indirect Supervision: District Manager
Description: The Pharmacy Clerk/Assistant should have superb customer service skills and function in a team oriented environment. The primary focus of the position is to assist the Store/Pharmacy Manager in the operation of the store which includes, but is not limited to the following: adhere to and execute the policy and procedures for store operations and employees, maintaining customer satisfaction, maximum sales and profitability through merchandising, inventory, expense control, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging customers, maintaining standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service
- Assist in plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals
- Control shrink, expenses, and payroll
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; signing, and assortment in all departments; ensure selling floor is adequately stocked
- Assist in sales promotion activities and prepare or direct workers preparing merchandise displays
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures, assist in store walk-through and audits, etc
- Encourage, assist, and train employees to become a motivated sales force
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Assistant must have sufficient experience plus a combination of training and work experiences that indicates possession of knowledge, skills and abilities to succeed in this position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or certificate of high school equivalence (GED)
- Must have good math skills.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good understanding of retail and inventory practices.
- Must have working knowledge of computers (PC and other systems as required)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have passed a criminal background check and drug test to begin employment with Fruth.
Personal Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. An Assistant must have willingness to participate in and successfully complete required training and to work with employees to increase customer satisfaction and sales.
Language Skills: Must have ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos [in English]. Ability to write simple correspondence [in English]. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other associates of the organization who only speak English.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to calculate a discount % amount. Ability to perform these operations using units of U.S. currency.
Reasoning Ability: Must have capacity for close attention to detail. Must be able to cooperate with other Fruth employees and external vendors. Must be able to communicate effectively. Must be able to put into practice excellent customer service standards. Must be able to work independently, handle frequent interruptions, multiple projects, and adapt to changes in workload.
Certificates, Licenses, and Training: Complete additional training and/or attending seminars as required to improve skills and job performance. Complete Company’s training including but not limited to: new hire orientation, Manager training program, and safety training.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell. The individual is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and reach from 6 to 48 inches, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and reach from 6 to 72 inches. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color and depth perception.
This Job Description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or limit the Direct or Indirect Supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as deemed appropriate.