Position/Job Title: Central Pharmacy Services Technician
Pay Status: Hourly
Reports To: Pharmacy Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position requires a pharmacy technician to work on a full time basis 30-40 hours per week on a set day schedule that will cover Sunday-Thursday, Monday-Friday, or Tuesday-Saturday based on the needs of the business.
Works under direct supervision of a pharmacist. Follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. May assist in orienting and training employees. Assist the professional staff in the triaging, processing, staging, and packaging of prescriptions for delivery to the stores. Assist professional staff with Central Processing, if and when necessary. Assist in the management of the Pharmacy Inventory and transfer process.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Assist the professional staff in preparation of prescriptions including triaging, data entry of the prescriptions into the computer, retrieval and counting of the medication, and labeling and preparing the prescriptions for final pharmacist check
- Assist in staging, and packaging final products for delivery to stores
- Ensure accurate and timely packaging of all prescription orders
- Ensure timely staging for delivery of all prescription orders
- Ensure that every prescription has been checked by a pharmacist prior to packaging for delivery
- Assist in Central Processing, if equipped
- Assist in the management of the pharmacy inventory, including transmitting, processing and receiving orders from all suppliers as needed
- Assist in the checking of pharmacy inventory for outdates and processing all returns
- Assist in transferring product from multiple stores
- Prepare and file manual records for pharmacist signatures and review
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all patient information
- Must keep current with all State and Federal requirements as related to conditions of employment
- Responsible for completing all mandatory and regulatory training programs
- Answer telephone and handle questions that do not require a pharmacist’s professional judgment or expertise.
- Enter data into the computer and record information needed before prescriptions can be dispensed.
- Help pharmacists prepare prescriptions by counting or pouring medications, labeling containers, and pricing prescriptions.
- Keep pharmacy department supplies (e.g., vials, bottles, bags, receipts, staples, tape, etc.) well stocked.
- Help maintain inventory controls by checking on-hand quantity and cycle counts.
- Perform housekeeping duties within the pharmacy department.
- Work closely with pharmacists and other technicians. Also work with clerks, trainees, and other personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- WV Technician Registration required, National certification preferred.
- The technician must have a high school diploma or certificate of high school equivalence.
- Job Skill Requirements:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Requires the ability to stand throughout the duration of the shift
- Successful Completion of the Technician Training Program
- Limited lifting up to lift 80 lbs
Behavioral Traits Required:
- Cooperation: Must work harmoniously and effectively with fellow employees, supervisors and other in contact with
- Initiative: Must work within supervision guidelines and assume additional responsibilities
- Flexibility: Must be willing to work variable work schedules, assist others as requested and available, and be willing to perform all assigned work
- Adaptability: Must respond to new situations in a positive way, accept change, support new ideas, master new routines and grasp explanations, apply current knowledge in new environments and experiences
- Involvement: Must enjoy the demands of the job and work with interest and enthusiasm
- Customer Service: Must provide appropriate customer service (for customers, fellow employees and business partners), listen attentively to their needs and respond appropriately
- Safety: Must take care of equipment and employ good safety habits
- Leadership: Must gain acceptance of ideas and accomplish goals through subordinates, peers and teams
Must be available, and on-time for scheduled work shifts
Personal Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. A technician must have willingness to participate in and successfully complete required training and to work with the team to increase customer satisfaction and sales.
- Must have ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos [in English].
- Ability to write simple correspondence [in English].
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other associates of the organization who only speak English.
- Ability to apply rational judgment to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job,
- the individual is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell.
- The individual is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and reach from 6 to 48 inches, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and reach from 6 to 72 inches.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
- The individual is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme cold.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This Job Description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or limit the Direct or Indirect Supervisor’s ability to modify work assignments as deemed appropriate.
Fruth Pharmacy offers all the services of the large chain drug stores while maintaining the principles that made Fruth "Your Hometown, Family Pharmacy." Fruth is a full-service pharmacy and retail store with a down-home touch. Fruth Pharmacy also offers a full line pharmacy with all over the counter medications, health and beauty products, groceries, household items, and a wide selection of gifts, including balloons and flowers.
Fruth pharmacists are involved in the local communities, and develop strong relationships with their customers in order to better serve them. Our Fruth Pharmacists are on duty seven days a week and are always willing to answer your questions. Though Fruth has grown over the last 60 years, we continue to provide the same great customer service in your hometown.
Why Work Here?Fruth Pharmacy first opened for business in 1952. Jack Fruth dreamed of serving the local community with a small family pharmacy, and he chose Point Pleasant as the location for the original Fruth Pharmacy. In the early days, Jack posted a sign on the door that said, "In case of emergency, call Jack Fruth at home." His desire to serve the community was evident not only in his willingness to come out in the middle of the night, but also with his involvement with local projects like the founding of Pleasant Valley Hospital. Since then, the company has grown to include 32 stores in West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky. Fruth Pharmacy offers all the services of the large chain drug stores while maintaining the principles that made Fruth "Your Hometown, Family Pharmacy." Fruth is a full-service pharmacy and retail store with a down-home touch. Fruth Pharmacy also offers a full line pharmacy with all over the counter medications, health and beauty products, groceries, household items, and a wide selection of gifts, including balloons and flowers. Fruth pharmacists are involved in the local communities, and develop strong relationships with their customers in order to better serve them. Our Fruth Pharmacists are on duty seven days a week and are always willing to answer your questions. Though Fruth has grown over the last 60 years, we continue to provide the same great customer service in your hometown.
"Your Hometown, Family Pharmacy"