Animal Welfare Auditor - REMOTE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FACTA is a nationally recognized leader in designing cutting-edge and pragmatic Animal Welfare training, verification, and certification tools. The FACTA team provides animal welfare audits, on-farm training and top-notch, bilingual online technical training and certification programs. The ultimate takeaway from our services is a wealth of critical information made available to management, animal caretakers, and consumers. Our online data management allows its users to access up-to-date audit monitoring and information. We take great pride in our post-audit processes and information dissemination. As a result, our producers and food processors receive the information needed to develop long-term solutions to protect their operations and reduce short and long-term risk.
FACTA has an immediate opening for a full-time Animal Welfare Auditor. This is a fully remote position.
Animal Welfare Auditor Responsibilities
- Conduct second and/or third party audits at assigned facilities, assuring consistency and accuracy in all audits and audit reports.
- Maintain confidentiality about all aspects of work and adhere to all procedures established by FACTA and its auditing clients.
- Follow and adhere to all required protocols and procedures, including understanding and application of relevant regulations, scheduling audits and associated travel, meeting required timelines for audit reports and controlling expenses.
- Maintain applicable auditor credentials, such as PAACO certification, and other relevant professional credentials required for audit proficiency and application.
- Communication with management, producers, USDA and others as needed.
- Able to work independently in a timely manner without direct oversight.
Animal Welfare Auditor Travel
- Travel frequency fluctuates throughout the year and can range from 60-80% with some trips beginning on Sunday. Audits are located across the United States and will include overnight trips.
Animal Welfare Auditor Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and education related to animal production and welfare is preferred.
- 0 to 1 year related experience and/or training (equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
- PAACO certified auditor strongly preferred. (Meat, Poultry, Swine)
- Animal welfare or animal husbandry exposure required. Experience in multiple species is preferred.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Pork Quality Assurance 3.0 certified and/or certified Advisor preferred.
- Working knowledge of livestock handling tools.
- BRC & SQF certified or willing to obtain.
- Knowledge of animal welfare auditing tools/practices would be preferred as well.
Animal Welfare Auditor Physical Requirements
- Ability to sit for extended periods, especially while travelling to audit site.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods across varying terrain.
- Ability to reach overhead.
- Ability to crouch, kneel, crawl for various periods.
- Ability to climb ramps and stairs.
AddressLittle Rock, AR
TourismView all jobs at Frost PLLC
Get fresh Operations Auditor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.