Systems Engineer - Cloud
- Posted: over a month ago
Frost Brown Todd LLP is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join our firm. This individual will work closely with the Senior Systems Engineer to install, configure, maintain and support the hardware, software and infrastructure related to the Server, SAN and VMware virtual environment and related software systems, and monitor the capabilities of all systems and networks within our organization to ensure smooth functioning of the firm's technology infrastructure.
This position can be filled in Cincinnati, OH; Indianapolis, IN or Louisville, KY.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Senior Systems Engineer to maintain, upgrade, document, and monitor all Server, SAN, and VMware hardware and software systems for optimal performance per firm and team standards. This includes server, SAN, VMware, print servers, operating systems, diagnostic software, and backup hardware/software in compliance with firm and industry standards.
- Installing new environments in Azure and migrating existing on-prem systems to Azure.
- Integrating Azure infrastructure components into processes and procedures.
- Enhancing the current Azure cloud environments.
- Monitoring and enhancing the security of current and future Azure environments.
- Evaluating and automating the scaling and capacity requirements within Azure environments.
- Ensuring federated access across Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Managing daily, weekly, and monthly backups/replication and ensure off-site storage of critical data.
- Providing support for the applications team as related to server systems and software.
- Troubleshooting and resolving server, SAN, and VMware issues.
- Working with the Senior Systems Engineer to ensure optimization of disk space and processor/memory resources on system standards using network management utilities and tools.
- Preparing and maintaining documentation of problems and corrective action by completing incident logs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of progressively responsible work experience in a multiplatform environment.
- Proven understanding of Windows server operating system, Exchange, VMware, and other server and SAN hardware/software.
- Demonstrates understanding of server, SAN, desktop, and laptop computer operations.
- Experience in implementing, monitoring, and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions, including primary services related to Computing, Storage, Network, and Security
- Knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery, and high availability strategies for Microsoft Azure environments.
- Cloud experience, preferably in Azure, performing cloud computing and migrating workloads to the cloud.
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g., VMware or HyperV).
- Experience configuring and maintaining network monitoring systems, preferably SolarWinds and SolarWinds LEM.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with members, attorneys, clients, and business professionals in person, by e-mail, and by telephone.
- Ability to maintain poise and focus during periods of stress, especially in meeting deadlines and outage situations.
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and the ability to drive to other FBT locations on occasion.
- Work may require irregular hours, including late nights and weekends.
Frost Brown Todd offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k/profit sharing retirement package.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Frost Brown Todd is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Frost Brown Todd to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.
Frost Brown Todd LLP
TechnologyView all jobs at Frost Brown Todd LLP
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?