Client Accounting Assistant
Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Frost Brown Todd LLP is currently searching for a Client Accounting Assistant to join our Louisville office. This position assists attorneys, business professionals and clients with billing and accounts receivable inquiries and helps with other special requests regarding billing to and collecting from Firm clients in a timely and efficient manner.
Job responsibilities include:
- Recognizing that service to clients (both internal and external) is the Firm's number one priority.
- Prebill to final bill process -preparing and distributing prebills monthly; ensuring accurate prebills are received and returned in a timely manner; assisting with time and expense transfers and narrative edits; editing hours and dollars; splitting/adding time entries; and writing off time and disbursements.
- Editing bills in Microsoft Word when necessary.
- Providing attorneys with information, including preparation of bill/payment histories; locating and mailing bill copies; and providing explanation or backup copies for expense charges.
- Resolving basic discrepancies as needed.
- Creating and revising basic spreadsheet reports.
- Assisting with mailing bills and statements monthly, and mailing correspondence to clients to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Working with E-billing Team to ensure data is provided as needed for successful submission.
- Resolving client-billing problems and rescuing accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Identifying issues attributing to billing slowness and account delinquency, and alerting manager when escalation is necessary.
- Following up on payment arrangements with attorneys, legal practice assistants, and/or Sr. Credit & Collections Specialist.
- Regularly communicate with attorneys, LPAs, and Sr. Credit & Collections Specialist regarding efforts and status of past due accounts.
- Entering data that feeds from New File Opening queue.
- Assisting with client accounting email group.
- College degree or commensurate experience with high school diploma.
- Law firm or professional services background preferred.
- Two or more years specializing in client accounting is preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with attorneys and other business professionals.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, attorneys, and other business professionals.
- Knowledge of Aderant Software a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
Frost Brown Todd offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401k/profit sharing retirement package.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Frost Brown Todd is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Frost Brown Todd to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.
Frost Brown Todd LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Frost Brown Todd LLC
Get fresh Client Accounting jobs daily straight to your inbox!