Head of Hardware
Frontline Wildfire Defense
San Francisco, CA
- Over a month ago
- $150,000 to $200,000 Yearly
Job Title: Head of Hardware
About Frontline Wildfire Defense
Come and join the Frontline Crew! Our mission is to protect homes, families and communities from wildfire disasters.
Frontline enables customers to track wildfires, receive important alerts, and safely navigate a wildfire, while protecting a customer’s home with the remotely operated Frontline Wildfire Defense System. With multiple levels of redundancy, our home defense system hydrates the materials of a home and its surrounding area to prevent ignition from flying embers - the #1 cause of structure loss during wildfire.
We are a small team in the early stages of growth, and yet we have already achieved significant milestones in protecting homes and earning revenue through successfully installing systems throughout Northern and Southern California. We have an experienced team of engineers, product designers, and investors and we are growing rapidly.
About This Opportunity
Hydration is central to our protection philosophy, and as such the mechanical systems that communicate with our cloud architecture and that distribute water from source to sprinkler heads with appropriate pressure and flow are critical to our product success. As Head of Hardware, you will:
- Optimize our controller and water distribution systems for performance and reliability and communicate those requirements through professional detailed drawings.
- Work directly with operations and channel partners, owning technical support and collateral needed to facilitate successful system installations.
- Drive product development for new products in our protection systems portfolio, including the hydraulic systems, electronic controller, and communications peripherals.
- Research, test, and validate improved components and design concepts.
You are organized, passionate about making a big impact in a company with a big mission, and resourceful to work well in a flexible, scrappy environment.
- Own the mechanical reliability and performance quality for the entire Frontline Defense System and continually seek out ways to improve it.
- Develop and own system design and installation guides, training collateral and mechanical training support to direct teams and to channel sales and installation partners. Maintain and update documentation in company facing and external facing sites.
- Troubleshoot and be a problem solver for incorporating systems into projects
- Develop and provide technical support and presentations to stakeholders such as fire departments, water districts, and other regulatory agencies.
- Manage the product roadmap and incorporate/design new products with Frontline’s strategic objectives in mind working closely with company operations and leadership in prioritizing product development.
- Contribute to the intellectual property strategy of the company.
- Manage all costs and supply chain for Frontline manufactured parts, working directly with supply vendors in ordering, product quality monitoring, manufacturing enhancements, and supply chain logistics.
- Manage inventory of Frontline manufactured components and work with operations and administration to stay ahead of demand.
- Own architecture and logistics of bundling Frontline manufactured components with common sourced piping and foam components for efficiency in direct and channel application.
- Develop and validate design and installation tools to assist the sales and operations teams
- Create detailed documentation and drawings with CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
- 5+ years leading product development teams to successfully ship products
- 10+ years in a mechanical design or similar engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent
- Travel is a requirement. A qualified candidate will be willing to travel throughout the Bay Area and California to job sites
- Experience in consumer electronics design preferred, bonus for hydraulic/fluids experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to read and edit construction blueprints
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to take on a variety of other tasks needed in a startup environment.
- Salary and equity will be dependent on experience; future compensation tied to performance
Life At Frontline
- Join a passionate and driven team, with a mission and a sense of humor
- Flexible, remote work environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Flexible time off policy
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Frontline. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We encourage talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Come and join the Frontline Crew!
Frontline Wildfire Defense
AddressSan Francisco, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?