We are looking for an individual who can learn quickly and who can communicate effectively with a broad range of organizations and people. Duties will include (1) providing product demonstrations of our software tools/technologies to prospective and existing customers; (2) identifying potential use cases for those technologies; (3) using these same tools/technologies to perform studies and analyses requested by our customers; (4) training customers and FTI personnel on how to use our tools; (5) assisting in the modification and enhancement of existing tools; and (6) development of new tools and technologies in response to customer needs.
Candidates must be able to work both independently and together with project managers, scientists, mathematicians, and software engineers in the company. Occasional domestic business travel is expected as part of the role.
• New Product development of GUI based applications including but not limited to exploring new analysis areas and technologies as well as enhancing existing products.
• Decompose application requirements into logical, implementable components with minimal supervision
• Development of enhancements to existing software applications, including quickly understanding existing code and applications to make fixes, enhancements, or adaptation to new requirements.
• Using existing APIs and libraries, produced in-house with access to source, or externally using only an interface specification.
• Work independently or as part of a team to develop and deliver logistics information analysis applications.
• Program in a modular fashion so that useful functions and algorithms can be really reused by other team members
• Create and maintain supporting information including documentation and manuals and conduct demonstrations
• Mentor junior developers in requirements breakdown, development practices and principles.
• BS in Engineering or Operations Research
• Minimum of 10+ years’ experience working on DoD acquisition programs
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable supporting and presenting to customers
• Must have an active DOD clearance