Frontier Scientific, Inc. Newark, DE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an Associate Scientist with a background in Agriculture, Biology, or related field. The successful candidate will work in a production facility that implements work orders for assembly of various types of greenhouse pots containing soils and seeds. Delivery and set-up of test units in greenhouses is also required. Responsibilities include assembly line work, controlled environment work, and fork lift work. All employees are required to adhere to specified safety policies and procedural controls. This position requires reliability, flexibility, commitment to detail, and ability to manage complex tasks.
• Prepare soils for use on assembly lines
• Assist in the assembly of test units for biological assay
• General maintenance of work area
• Delivery of assembled test units
• Perform research projects to improve processes and production
• Procedural compliance with SOPs
• Safety Compliance
• BS in Agriculture, Biology, or related field preferred
• Basic computer skills such as knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows operating systems
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and operations
• Strong organizational skills with ability to keep track of the progress of multiple tasks and operations within the facility while simultaneously managing your own work.
• Communication and team work skills
• Strong data management skill
Frontier Scientific (Utah location) is a chemical developer, manufacturer and custom research services provider to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial chemical, government, and academic sectors. Frontier Scientific specializes in the development of chemical compounds and processes related to porphyrins, phthalocyanines and boronic acids. Frontier Scientific develops building blocks for small molecule drug discovery, SAR studies, and lead optimization. Frontier Scientific provides standard catalog products with production quantities generally in the milligram to kilogram scale. Frontier Scientific's NMR, GCMS, LCMS, and UV/VIS spectrophotometer are located in-house to ensure quality compounds and quick turn around on projects. Frontier Scientific is a privately held corporation established in 1975 and headquartered in Logan, Utah.
Frontier Scientific, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great Benefits, Opportunity to Grow, Variety in Job Assignment
Since 1988, Frontier Scientific, Inc. (Delaware location) has functioned as a specialty CRO, working to enable dramatic cost reductions via outsourced compound management, reformatting, sample procurement, liquid handling, and compound library management. The Delaware location is also an Alliance Partner with corporations that specializes in agricultural research and products, as well as various other science-related business units. In addition, the Delaware location has an Insectary which supplies Lepidopteran species for agricultural research, as well as other entomological products.
1090 Elkton RoadNewark, DE