Director of Finance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Frontier Housing believes that everyone should have a safe, decent, and affordable place to live in the communities they love. Our goal is to make that happen in Central Appalachia by serving families and individuals with a wide variety of housing products, including new construction, existing home renovation and repairs, rental units, and homeownership and credit counseling services.
We are seeking a Director of Finance to oversee our Finance Department. Leading a staff of three professional staff, the position is responsible for managing financial and budgetary policies and procedures. The Director also ensures the safeguarding of assets, compliance with internal controls, guards fiscal resources and outlays, and projects financial results in order to manage resources. It is an exciting time to join Frontier’s Finance Department - we are poised for growth across all lines of business and our financial capacity must increase to match. The new Director has the opportunity to oversee the upgrade of our current financial system into a cloud-based platform, manage Frontier’s dynamic balance sheet, perform ongoing analysis of all lines of business, and participate in high-level strategy and goal-setting discussions with other senior staff and Frontier’s board of directors.
Goals for the position in the first year include:
· Assist in creating a company budget that sets goals for productivity and aligns with Frontier’s strategic plan
· Help to create goals that increase the size of Frontier’s balance sheet
· Complete a profitability and ROI analysis on each of Frontier’s lines of business
· Use this analysis to participate in an ongoing strategic planning process with fellow senior staff and the board of directors
· Transition Frontier’s accounting software and processes to a cloud-based platform
The successful candidate is likely to:
· Have at least 5 years’ experience in non-profit accounting
· Have a degree in Accounting
· Be proficient in accounting software (experience with MIP is a plus)
· Be proficient in Microsoft Office
· Have excellent oral and written communication skills
· Have outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills
· Is passionate about helping others
· Feels kinship with Appalachia
The Director of Finance will report directly to the President & CEO and will lead a department that includes a controller, a staff accountant, and an accounting clerk. The Director will be a member of Frontier’s senior management team. We offer a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package. This is a salaried position that is considered exempt.
5445 Flemingsburg RoadMorehead, KY
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Finance Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.