Frontier Door and Cabinet is a large-scale door, millwork, hardware, and commercial cabinet manufacturer based in Tacoma, WA. What do we offer? Fully customizable spec, driven by project and architect/interior design teams. A massive facility equipped with the latest and greatest in manufacturing equipment and top flight staffing. FDC can tackle any low, mid, high rise project, school and business fit outs, office or government projects, even display and marketing work. If it requires cabinetry or casework, FDC can build and install it.
The Company is currently looking for experienced machine operators who are looking for a long-term career, not just a job. If you are reliable and have prior experience as a machine operator (Dowels, Sawyers, CNCs, Edgebanders) and are available to work a day, night, or graveyard shift, we encourage you to apply online or complete an application at our facility in Tacoma, Washington located at 11721 Steele St. South, Tacoma, WA. Shift premiums are provided for 2nd and Graveyard shifts. We also have an awesome referral bonus program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clean and lubricate equipment
- Keep manufacturing areas free of debris and dirt
- Use of hand tools, power tools, glue gun throughout the work day
- Set out or put away tools.
- Feed material through machines or “catch” material and stack them accordingly using rollers
- Follow instructions from more experienced employees to operate machines, hold or supply materials and tools, and load and unload items from machines and assembly lines.
- Locate parts, tag them with identifying text and numbers, and record information such as gauge readings, products produced and manufacturing times.
- Assist with quality control by reporting defective products or equipment malfunctions to higher-level employees, and if necessary, assist with any fixes.
- Quality attendance and reliability is a must.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination there of.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to understand read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as degrees, circumferences and excellent skill with tape measure and fractions. Excellent understanding of the Metric system is a must.
REASONING SKILLS: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations using good judgement where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS: Ability to work with a wide variety of tools including the following: Air guns, Band Machine, Bander Machine, Cutting Machine, Hot glue machine, Nailer, Roller for plastic, Routers, Sanders, Screw drivers, Table Saws, Tape Measure, and others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing approximately 8-10 hours, 5 days a week, depending on business need. May be required to work 6 days/week depending on business need. Use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, particularly reading that may be very fine print.
- The employee will regularly be twisting, bending, squatting, pushing, and moving or lifting 10-15 pounds. The employee will frequently lift and/or move 10-25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Conveyance systems are available to move cabinet pieces as well.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Employees may be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Frontier Door and Cabinet’s Safety Program and all established safety rules must be followed and equipment used where required. This will include safety glasses and hearing protection. This position will also require use of gloves, safety glasses, and dust masks and at times a respirator.