Lead Structural and Thermal Analyst
About Frontier Aerospace Corporation
Frontier Aerospace Corporation conceptualizes, designs, proves, and additively manufactures in-space and launch system rocket propulsion thrusters. From concept ideation to product development to qualification testing to customer delivery, we have a proven philosophy and the in-house resources necessary to design, build, test, and deliver reliable, high-performance liquid propellant thrusters for our nation's critical in-space, commercial, civilian, and defense applications. Whether they are used for attitude control, orbit transfer, lunar and exo-moon landing, deep-space missions, or high-thrust divert systems, Frontier's thrusters meet the most demanding requirements.
Our customers are hungry for a propulsion supplier who can reliably meet their requirements and who is responsive to their needs. Frontier's mission is to do just that, by advancing breakthrough propulsion technologies and providing industry-leading customer responsiveness. Ultimately, it's our fantastic team of dedicated professionals and hard-working tradespeople who make this a reality. As a small, but rapidly growing company, there are many opportunities for our team members to grow and take on new and exciting responsibilities – to be more than just another worker. Come make a difference and share in our success!
Structural and Thermal Analyst
Come join our growing team where you will get to make a difference daily by continuing to help build our reputation for quality, responsiveness, and the ability to handle complex products. We have an exciting opportunity for a Structural and Thermal Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and performing static, dynamic, and thermal analyses and trade studies in support of conceptual, preliminary, and final designs of in-space rocket thrusters using hand calculations and finite element methods. This position will be in the office located in Newbury Park, CA.
- Lead and mentor analysis team
- Develop standard practices for structural FEA and common hand calculations
- Execute finite element analysis ranging from simple linear static analysis to complex non-linear static and linear response dynamic analyses
- Identify different failure modes and provide practical solutions to design and product engineers in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Plan, coordinate, and provide technical and project guidance to engineering teams
- Performing preliminary sizing trade studies taking into account structural and thermal limits and weight optimization
- Application of NASA-STD-5012B and other applicable NASA and industry standards to ensure flight designs meet contractual margin of safety requirements
- Generate and maintain clear documentation of all performed analyses, including inputs, methods and results to ensure proper communication with all stakeholders
Relevant Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Structural, or related Engineering field (Advanced degree in engineering preferred)
- The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience in advanced Finite Element Analysis (FEA), preferably working on aerospace systems and components
- Proficient with ANSYS Mechanical
- Experience with elastic static, elastoplastic static, steady-state thermal, transient thermal, dynamic random, dynamic shock, fatigue, and fracture analysis methods
- Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams
- Driven, self-motivated with the ability to work solitary or in a team
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging, collaborative, highly creative, and technical environment on site in Newbury Park, CA
- Local interoffice travel expected (25 miles one-way) during setup of new facility (in Newbury Park, CA) and shutdown of old facility (in Simi Valley, CA)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The responsibilities described on this document are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee. The scope of the job may also change as necessitated by business demands.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Frontier Aerospace participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program at www.e-verify.gov.
This role requires employees to be on-site during regular business hours.
Pay: Salary $100,000 to $150,000 DOE
Employment Type and Exempt Status: Full-time / Exempt
Benefits: 12 company paid holidays
Vacation days and Sick days
401(k) w/company matching
Dental, Vision, Life
Health savings account
Frontier AerospaceThousand Oaks, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.