Veterinary Histology Technician
- Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Veterinary Histology Technician
Title: Veterinary Histology Technician
Location: Chicago, IL (onsite)
Frontage Laboratories Inc. is an award winning, publicly listed (HKSE), full-service CRO/Contract Research Organization operating over 25 state-of-the-art laboratories across the US, Canada and China, and growing over 30% YOY. Our core competencies include drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics/ pharmacodynamics (PK/PD), safety and toxicology, bioanalytical services, chemistry and manufacturing controls for drug development, and core laboratory services for clinical trials.
Our Chicago, IL site provides toxicology testing and research laboratory services and specialized pre-clinical studies in support of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products.
Position/Job Summary: The Histology Technician will be responsible for day-to-day activities in building and maintaining the preparation, and analysis of tissues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare tissue slides by chemically treating, embedding, cutting, mounting, staining, cover slipping, and labeling tissue sections for microscopic analysis by the pathologists
- Grossing specimens (predominantly biopsies)
- Prepare immunohistochemistry slides
- Validation and verification studies of new instrumentation and methods
- Establish and maintain SOPs/ standard operating procedures for designated methods
- Perform maintenance and QC/quality control for all instrumentation and methods
- Troubleshoot and repair instrumentation, liaise with service engineers and instrument vendors
- Adhere to safety and quality procedures, participate in Proficiency Testing, maintain competency on all instrumentation (six month and annual)
- Maintain a general working knowledge of CLIA and CAP regulations, help foster audit and inspection readiness
- Partner with laboratory leadership to establish and improve processes, efficiency, and employee engagement
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Associate degree while BS Degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in the processing (trimming, embedding, sectioning, staining, etc.) of tissues from GLP-compliant pre-clinical studies conducted in multiple species ranging from rodents to primates
- Work experience in a veterinary pathology CRO is preferred
- Experience in collecting necropsy and tissue
- Must be able to differentiate color on stained slide, and ensure proper staining technique
- Good communication skills
- Team and action-oriented
Salary and Benefits:
Frontage Laboratories offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan, disability insurance, and life insurance.
Frontage Laboratories Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Frontage LaboratoriesChicago, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.