Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Title: Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Location: Exton, Pennsylvania
Reports to: Senior Buyer
Frontage Laboratories Inc. is an award winning, publicly listed (HKSE), full-service CRO/Contract Research Organization operating over 25 state-of-the-art laboratories across the US, Canada and China, and growing over 30% YOY. Our core competencies include drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics/ pharmacodynamics (PK/PD), safety and toxicology, bioanalytical services, chemistry and manufacturing controls for drug development, and core laboratory services for clinical trials.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk supports all business units in the Exton location. This position involves receiving incoming hazardous and non-hazardous shipments according to DOT/IATA regulations. These shipments come from various national carriers/courier services and may be temperature sensitive. Physical tasks are required in connection with shipping and receiving. Communication skills are necessary in timely notification of critical shipments. You will be assisting accounts payable in reconciliation of open purchase orders as required. Working hours are between 8am and 4pm, Monday through Friday.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain necessary systems to support Procurement and Accounting department.
- Maintain necessary files and documentation in accordance with Quality Assurance Standard Operating Procedures.
- Utilizes small hand tools and operate scales, metering machines, etc. and primarily use hand trucks to move materials around.
- Typical shipping activities include checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations, packing goods for shipment according to specifications, preparing bills of lading, posting weight and shipping charges and attach information and shipping instructions.
- Receive materials such as unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., identification and quantity; maintaining records of goods received; rejects damaged, excess, or misdirected goods, routes material to inspection, stores or other destinations.
- Upload receipts into Frontage NetSuite system and perform system receipts by purchase order.
- Notify internal personnel of goods received by email and verbal communication. Critical shipments may be temperature sensitive and need to be delivered if necessary.
- Perform housekeeping and maintain dock area in an organized manner.
- Communicate discrepancies with purchase orders as soon as possible with Procurement.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds and push a cart up to 1200 pounds.
- Operate a pallet jack and move materials of various sizes and weights throughout the facility onto and off of trucks.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Requires a High School diploma or GED.
- Previous experience with shipping and receiving preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Microsoft program knowledge.
- Ability to assess leads, value of new business, craft recommendations through effective written and oral presentations, work with scientific and the marketing teams, and close deals.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
Salary and Benefits:
Frontage Laboratories offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan, disability insurance, and life insurance.
Frontage Laboratories Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Frontage LaboratoriesExton, PA
Transportation and Storage
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.