Head of Veterinary Pathology Services
- Posted: over a month ago
About the job
Title: Head of Veterinary Pathology Services
Location: Chicago, IL (with hybrid/ remote flexibility)
Reports to: EVP, Global Preclinical Services
Compensation: Highly competitive including base, bonus, and equity, and generous benefits
Frontage Laboratories Inc. is an award winning, publicly listed (HKSE), full-service CRO/Contract Research Organization operating over 25 state-of-the-art laboratories across the US, Canada and China, and growing over 30% YOY. Our core competencies include drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics/ pharmacodynamics (PK/PD), safety and toxicology, bioanalytical services, chemistry and manufacturing controls for drug development, and core laboratory services for clinical trials.
The Head of Veterinary Pathology Services, Frontage Laboratories, will be tasked to build and lead a world-class preclinical pathology service operations at our safety and toxicology site based in Chicago. It is expected that once this Center of Excellence is established, pathology services will also be provided to other Safety/Tox sites, including the Concord, Ohio facility.
Successful individual will effectively partner with other technical/ scientific, operations, sites, and business leaders.
- Background in leading Pathology Services team in a CRO or a Pharmaceutical setting.
- Ability to lead a team of scientists to build a pathology lab capable of meeting the demands from various Safety/Tox groups at Frontage.
- Provide scientific and operational leadership and support including recording and interpretation of microscopic findings in animal tissues from both GLP and non-GLP studies.
- Technical expertise in exploratory, efficacy and safety assessments, anatomic pathology data, findings of histochemical, immunohistochemical and other molecular tests.
- Ability to perform measurements and cell counts and integrated microscopic findings with image analysis data.
- Ability to partner with pharmacology and other teams to develop and interpret In vivo disease models across therapeutic areas.
- Represent as the Primary Investigator and maintain pathology findings according to GLP standards for regulated studies.
- Participate or supervise sponsor’s procedures including surgeries and necropsies, interpret gross findings in animal tissues.
- Collaborate and/or consult with clients/ sponsors, study directors, study toxicologists, and regulatory officials to ensure study integrity including reviewing protocols, experimental designs, or external data/reports for consultation based on scientific and pathologic expertise.
- Provide leadership, advise and be a resource for colleagues and provide pathology expertise and assess quality of tissue sections, and histochemical or immunohistochemical stains, and creation and validation of image analysis algorithms, data generation, and drafting or reviewing image analysis reports.
- Guide and build related SOPs, develop best practices, coach, mentor, and train junior staff.
Education, experience & skills
- Doctor in Veterinary Medicine, VMD, AVMA or equivalent degree. Board certification with American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP).
- Residency in anatomic pathology with 5 years of experience and / or
- 5-10 years of research and or non-clinical experience in comparative or laboratory animal pathology would be ideal.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and collaborative skills.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
Frontage Laboratories Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?