Maintenance Technician I
- Posted: over a month ago
The Maintenance Technician I ensures the effective overall maintenance, operation and safety of the facility.Responsibilities
- The Maintenance Technician I uses basic hand and power tools, such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers, wrenches, saber saws, hand drills, and basic electrical inspection and electrical test equipment and tools.
- Assists in performing minor electrical repairs to systems including, but not limited to, ballasts, switches, plugs and connectors, lamps, and receptacles
- Performs painting on interior and exterior walls, doors, ceilings, beams, carport areas, fences, etc. as well as refinishing furniture
- Repairs, moves, assembles, installs, and sets up heavy equipment and furniture, picture frames, tables, chairs, etc.
- Assists in performing general plumbing repairs including, but not limited to, sinks and basins, water closets and urinals, faucets and valves of various types, pumps, hot water heaters, and garbage disposals
- Assists in conducting routine checks as scheduled, and reports any problems to Maintenance Supervisor of Director of Facility Services
- The Maintenance Technician I assists in performing minor carpentry work, and assists in the maintenance and repair of all facility equipment which includes all laundry, food service, and nursing equipment.
- Assists in moving residents as needed
- Assists with janitorial work as necessary, and does any other tasks as assigned by management
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Ability to learn and retain basic skills of the trade
- Ability to learn to read diagrams, and operating and maintenance instructions
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Trade or vocational school training preferred
Front Porch Communities and Services
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at Front Porch Communities and Services