Night Watchman North #2- Satanta, KS
Friona Industries Garden City, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Night watchmen provides overnight security for a the feedyard location. May be required to answer phone calls, take messages, aid in the loading and unloading of cattle, and respond to requests and questions.
Roles and Tasks
- Be on duty and patrol the feedyard from 5:00pm until 5:30am.
- Prevent illegal entry and oversee who comes and goes from a building or the premises
- Provide customer service as necessary as loads enter and exit the yard
- Receive incoming cattle and commodities as needed
- Move cattle into pens
- Make ear tags for upcoming processing
- Maintain proper pen environments, feed levels, and water conditions
- Perform Night time feed checks
- Check water systems and wells
- Verify safe working conditions throughout the facility
- Watch for nuisance wildlife
- Be alert to and aware of any impending severe weather
- Report all emergency situations immediately
- Notify the appropriate facility staff and supervisor immediately upon observation of anything out of the ordinary, and carry out all instructions given by the staff and/or supervisor.
- The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- Use security and safety equipment, such as video cameras, phones and other surveillance tools.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- This position also does general housekeeping duties
- Mechanical ability
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities and we will not unlawfully consider any factors of race, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender, disability veteran status or any and all other unlawful biases regarding federal, state or local laws with regard to workers or applicants.
Friona Industries participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressGarden City, KS
Real EstateView all jobs at Friona Industries