Mill maintenance will assist in various mill operations included but not limited to: housekeeping, maintenance and repair. Monday-Friday 4:30AM to 5:00 PM, will be based on a 55-hour work week. Alternating weekends.
- Identifies and prioritizes mill maintenance by visually inspection machinery for proper functioning
- Performs preventative maintenance by utilizing computerized work system and carrying out maintenance task
- Works in carious capacities when another employee is absent or as necessary
- Participates in daily housekeeping, including cleaning and organizing mill work areas
- Complies with applicable OSHA, FDA, and EPA regulations
- Complies with applicable safety rules and policies
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Specific Knowledge / Experience:
- Understanding of electrical systems and boilers
- Mechanical abilities
- Experience operating heavy equipment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
Special Conditions / Requirements:
- Walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day
- Variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery.
- Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty
- Work closely with Leadership team at the facility
- Ability to pass background check and drug test
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities and we will not unlawfully consider any factors of race, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender, disability veteran status or any and all other unlawful biases regarding federal, state or local laws with regard to workers or applicants.
Friona Industries participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.