Client Services Specialist - YFS
- $21 to $26 Hourly
The Client Services Specialist is the primary point of contact for clients seeking services at the Youth and Family Services, Behavioral Health Outpatient Offices. They complete pre-intake screenings and collect client demographics.
The Client Services Specialist coordinates the flow of client services, case assignments, insurance benefit checks, review chart information and ensure completion of releases of information.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, hourly
- Answer and transfer telephone calls to the appropriate employees.
- Fulfill client record requests, with support from the Business Manager and Clinical Managers.
- Utilize online insurance eligibility tools to verify client insurance coverage and communicate benefits to client or guarantor.
- Collect payment from clients and/or account guarantor for services rendered.
- Ensure office supplies remain stocked and main areas are presentable.
- Support the Business Manager with day-to-day tasks.
Coordination of Services
- Screen telephone calls and determine if the caller is eligible for any services.
- Provide appropriate referrals to callers who are not eligible for any services.
- Collect client demographic information and the reason for the referral, from the caller.
- Enter accurate client data into Credible, the Electronic Medical Record.
- Manage a master calendar for scheduling intakes and ongoing appointments.
- Provide new clients with all required pre-assessment paperwork.
- Coordinate the schedules for multiple Counselors and Therapists and notify them of new clients and/or any adjustments to schedules.
- Provide high quality, consistent and culturally responsive services.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
a. Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or General Certificate of Education (GED).
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS365 Power Platform.
b. Additional Requirements
- Must satisfactorily pass criminal history check.
- Must satisfactorily pass tuberculosis (TB) test.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid Washington State driver's license (or be able to obtain one by date of employment).
- Employees and volunteers who operate their own or Friends of Youth vehicles on Friends of Youth business, must have a safe driving record as defined by Friends of Youth.
- Employees and volunteers who operate their own vehicle(s) on Friends of Youth business must carry auto liability insurance that complies with the requirements of Friends of Youth.
- Must successfully complete the following health certification requirements within 30 days of employment: CPR, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required. There are no exemptions.
c. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to engage with diverse populations in a culturally responsive manner.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion by honoring and celebrating diverse characteristics and expressions of personal identity.
- Strong commitment to Friends of Youth’s mission, vision, and values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of professionals.
- Able to manage and organize multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Able to maintain strong personal and professional boundaries.
- Exceptional attention to details when entering client information into Electronic Medical Record.
- Demonstrate flexibility in work setting.
- Proficient skill set with Microsoft Office programs.
d. Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. In this position, you must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and be able to access program locations, including the need to use stairs.
Friends of YouthIssaquah, WA
Get fresh Client Services Specialist - YFS jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.