Audit Senior - Consumer Products
- Posted: over a month ago
We have a commitment to a happy, healthy, inclusive and productive workplace. Some of the ways we accomplish this include:
- Emphasizing our open door policy. Whether someone is brand new or has been with the Firm from the beginning, we are all part of the same family and each person matters
- Offering a competitive benefits package and 401k with a company match, including discounted gym memberships and biometric testing reimbursement
- Summer Fridays off!
- Comprehensive performance management program including real time feedback and a formalized mentorship program
- Technical training and business development workshops
More Than a Job
We’re hiring for an Audit Senior – Consumer Products in our Uniondale office. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Perform audits, reviews and compilations for clients in the consumer products industry
- Deep understanding of accounting and reporting standards, experience in researching as it relates to accounting and audit issues
- Coordinate the day-to-day duties of planning, fieldwork and wrap-up
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and evaluate internal controls
- Act as client contact; communicate effectively with clients and develop positive relationships with client personnel
- Communicate with Partner and/or Manager on work status and client issues that arise
- Perform a detailed review of team’s workflow and monitor tasks that are assigned and completed on a timely basis
- Supervise, train and mentor audit staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and also work well with others
- Master’s in Accounting
- CPA License or on track to obtain
- Software Experience - CCH ProSystem, Microsoft Office 365
Why Join Us?
Since 1924, Friedman LLP established itself as the premier advisor within the middle market business sector. With a forward thinking approach, Friedman has expanded on core audit and tax services with diverse advisory consulting services including: China Consulting; Forensic, Litigation Support & Valuation Services, Governance, Risk & Compliance, Cybersecurity Consulting and Digital Currency.
Ranked #1 in Vault’s 2020 Best Culture in the Accounting Industry, the Friedman Experience offers an inclusive environment where professionals are developed into respected business leaders, while helping our community navigate their businesses in an evolving world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friedman LLP is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Friedman LLP will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with qualified disabilities according to Americans with Disabilities Act regulations. If an applicant requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Lea Chown at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be held in strict confidence.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Friedman LLP