Responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs of manufacturing facility equipment and property structures while in compliance with EPA, HazMat and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- With readily available technical guidance, keep plant machinery and mechanical equipment in good repair
- Respond in a timely manner to work orders/requests
- Examine a variety of machines to diagnose trouble and repair
- Dismantle machines, replace defective parts, reassemble machines and make necessary adjustments to ensure efficient operation
- Assist maintenance mechanics as assigned
- Follow all safety regulations and company policies regarding safety
- Work around a wide variety of equipment, chemicals and machinery; must be aware of safety hazards at all times
- Performs any and all other job-related tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a foundry or manufacturing environment is preferred
- Mechanical experience in hydraulics, electronics repair, and related mechanical applications preferred
- Ability to read and interpret machine instructions and be able to follow written and verbal instructions with accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work different shifts per season demand
- Standing – frequent to continuous
- Walking – occasional to frequent
- Bending/stooping – occasional
- Squatting/kneeling – occasional
- Gripping/manipulation – frequent
- Lift and carry up to 40 lbs on occasional basis from floor to wait up to 25 feet
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The employee operates in a loud noise level environment. This position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and uses standard heavy equipment and tools.
The employee must wear a respirator (when applicable), approved safety glasses, hearing protection, hard hat and steel-toed shoes at all times.
Benefits and Perks
- 401(k) & Profit Sharing
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Perfect Attendance Awards
Successful candidate must meet all conditions of Fresno Valves & Casting's Drug and Alcohol testing requirements as a condition of employment. Drug/alcohol screening is administered post-offer and pre-employment.