Freshfields Farm Jacksonville is currently looking for a candidate for a Produce Manager to join our team. Qualified candidates have at least 5 years of leadership experience in a high volume market working with fresh produce. If building dynamic displays of fresh produce and leading a team in a high volume department sounds like a challenge that you are interested in please read on.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the entire produce department operation and its associates.
- Ensure a safe work environment for our employees and a safe customer experience for our customers.
- Ensure all safety and health protocols are being followed along with all applicable local/state/federal laws.
- Spend more than 90% of the day actively engaged on the sales floor working with your team and engaging customers to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Maximize sales/gross profit by embracing our display concepts and core product strategies.
- Achieve or surpass productivity/payroll goals to maximize net profit.
- Maintain a department schedule for all produce leaders and associates within the department.
- Manage and maintain oversight of weekly inventory and shrink process.
- Develop and maintain a team concept to improve associate morale, communication, and working conditions.
- Demonstrate and support a high level of integrity. Represent Freshfields Farm in a courteous and professional manner while interacting with all vendors, customers and coworkers.
- Manage the training and development of all produce associates. Also responsible for the proper execution of all necessary corrective action.
- Manage others and adhere to company human resource and personnel policies as well as state and federal laws.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a produce market or produce department.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Excellent written and communication skills with proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Strong leadership qualities