Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market.
The Grocery Manager position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Grocery Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares the weekly sales and labor projections for the Grocery Department in order to maximize sales and profits; ensures department operations are within the labor percent allowed.
- Monitors and controls all costs and expenses; includes maintaining proper ordering and inventory control, ensuring proper weighing procedures, controlling shrink, and monitoring ad displays.
- Manages the Grocery Department staff including hiring, training, scheduling, coaching, and initiating required performance reviews; ensures staff is trained on all policies and procedures.
- Oversees shift operations including writing and/or approving Department work schedules.
- Manages weekly flyer ads; stocks grocery department; ensures cleanliness of grocery aisles; responds positively to customer’s inquiries; monitors the rotation of all grocery products; manages department inventory control.
- Balances the grocery general ledger and financial statements.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalency degree.
• 4 years professional experience preferred.
• 3-5 years grocery retail experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high-volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must understand proper handling, preparation, seasonality, and appropriate shelf life of products.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret Company financial statements and results.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.