Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme one of the most exciting players in food and retail.
The Graphic Designer is an integral part of the corporate marketing team and is responsible for advancing and strengthening the Fresh Thyme Farmers Market brand through visual communication.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs and manages a wide variety of projects and media (print, digital, video, photography, UX, environmental).
- Exceptional production skill and efficient speed in Adobe CSS applications.
- Mid-level to advanced retouch skills.
- Ability to mock-up, articulate and present concepts to stakeholders and leadership
- Collaborates with project managers to monitor, assess and communicate all facets of a project.
- Works with vendors and merchandisers and provides knowledgeable consulting expertise on merchandising and marketing projects.
- Ability to creatively achieve project goal(s) while adhering to brand guidelines
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in marketing, advertising, visual communications or related business field - or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive expertise with InDesign, PMS/Pantone Color, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design software.
- 5+ years previous graphic design experience or advertising experience in a retail environment.
- Previous experience in a food or natural foods industry is a plus.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Excellent creativity and design skill that can be demonstrated.
- Proficiency in: Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Knowledge of digital production methods and tactics.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Ability to take direction from senior management.
- Ability to efficiently interface with multiple departments and groups.
- Solid understanding of the philosophy of branding and how it synthesizes to visual creative solutions.
- Proactive ownership of projects and ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent visual, written and oral (business) communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
- Excellent creative thinking skills.
- Sit Rarely 1-2 hours
- Stand Continuously 1-8 hours
- Walk Continuously 2-8 hours
- Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
- Balance Frequently 34-66%
- Bend Occasionally 1-33%
- Climb (2-6 ft) Occasionally 1-33%
- Crawl Occasionally 1-33%
- Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1-33%
- Kneel Occasionally 1-33%
- Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34-66%
- Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1-33%
- 0-10 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
- 11-25 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
- 26-50 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
- 51-100 lbs. Never 0%
- Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34-66%
- Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1-33%
- Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1-33%
- Lower extremities Never 0%
Requisition ID: 2020-17561
External Company URL: freshthyme.com
Street: 2650 Warrenville Road