Design & Development Coordinator
Blue Stripe LLC dba Fresh Produce designs, develops and markets women’s apparel and accessories. For nearly three decades, the Fresh Produce® brand has delighted women with inspiring color, vibrant prints and stylish comfortable clothing. The brand reflects the carefree coastal lifestyle with images of sand, sea and sky developing sensory connections that evoke ease and relaxation. Our products give consumers the opportunity to bring this positive, vacation state of mind into their everyday lives no matter where they live. We believe our brand uniquely combines this relaxed mindset with effortless style and vibrant color to deliver distinctive and differentiated positioning in the women’s apparel sector.
The Fresh Produce line is available at 15 Company stores, online at freshproduceclothes.com and at more than 425 independent retailers throughout the continental United States, Canada, Hawaii and the Caribbean. Fresh Produce products are made primarily in the USA. The Company is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with key production and fulfillment facilities located in Gardena, California.
As Design & Development Coordinator, you will be a key member of the design team. You will be responsible for a wide range of deliverables, able to step into the design process anywhere from concept through production. It will be your job to create thoughtful, authentic designs while maintaining a consistent brand voice. Are you a collaborative, detail-oriented and nimble team player who is ready to hit the ground running? The ideal candidate will be a highly creative, resourceful self-starter with a great eye and an obvious passion for fashion, color and life.
General Duties and Responsibilities
· Work closely with Design Manager to create concepts, select color stories, and develop fabrics, prints, trims, and graphics based on creative briefs and provide specifications and direction to vendors
· Work with Technical Designer in preparing thorough technical detail/construction information and visuals/samples to clearly articulate design intent
· Manage and maintain visual line plans for seasonal and capsule assortments, including updating sketches, colors, and prints as necessary
· Display extensive knowledge of product history, fit, fabric, and brand ethos to develop appropriate styles and designs
· Manage fabric testing/development, color approvals, and trim development through ongoing workflow documentation and communication with vendors and production team
· Confidently present concepts and designs to Design Manager and cross-functional team members and receive feedback in a professional and constructive manner
· Attend and participate in fit sessions, provide meaningful feedback relevant to design intent and consumer insight, update fit comments internally and to suppliers as needed
· Assists in development of presentation materials for meetings and other special projects
· Research, identify, and share current industry design and development trends
Knowledge and Skills
· 2+ years’ experience in design and/or technical design role
· Proficient in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign and Excel
· Current knowledge of fabrics, construction, and design techniques
· Experience working in a PLM system
· Communication - Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively across multiple audiences at all levels of the organization both written and verbally
· Attention to Detail - Detail oriented; resourceful; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Project Management – Strong organizational capabilities; communicates changes and progress; completes projects in timely and efficient manner
· Problem Solver - Collaborates with internal and external sources to find creative solutions; adapts to challenges with an open mind; proactively seeks out alternative approaches to obstacles
· Motivated - Demonstrates curiosity and forward thinking; motivated to learn new skills and knowledge; shares expertise and skills with others