FP Lead Cook
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FRESH PICKS CAFÉ
Job Title: Lead Cook
Division: Fresh Picks Café
Reports to: Food Service Director
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Last Updated: August 2021
The Lead Cook is responsible for the execution of all food preparation at an assigned location and keeping the kitchen, serving areas and storage areas up to company standards.
- Responsible for preparing and serving superior food and catering for a school within a district.
- Conduct daily Production Meetings to communicate the day’s goals, work stations, special needs and expectations. Review prep lists.
- Based on provided menus create prep lists and notify Food Service Director of inventory needs.
- Responsible of the execution of all food preparation at assigned location based on daily menu. Prepare menu items ensuring that physical inventories are properly used and that food cost goals are met or exceeded.
- Prepares foods such as meats, vegetables, baked goods, desserts, salads, dressings, sandwiches, and cold plates; prepares foods on grill, in oven or in broiler as appropriate. Utilizes recipes and special programs/promotions provided by Company.
- Operates food production equipment to include slicers, choppers, dicers, mixers, vertical cutters, and other vegetable, bakery, and meat processing equipment.
- After service break down assigned station and work with kitchen staff to complete production records and prep list for the next day. Thoroughly clean assigned station and complete any assigned cleaning lists.
- Responsible for keeping the kitchen, serving areas and storage areas up to company standards, using all cleaning lists, stocking lists, schematics and other guidance provided by the company.
- Responsible for executing functions of the position to company operational standards outlined in the Operations Manual, as well as complying with standards outlined in the company’s Serv-Safe, Safety and HACCP programs and the National School Lunch Program.
- Ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Communicate effectively with clients, client’s customers, and support staff.
- Participates in training opportunities.
- Assist with special projects and assignments related to the successful running of the dining program as needed.
- Lead and monitor the food production of others.
- Completes other functions as required.
- Performs functions of role with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Acts as a leader and a coach to team members. Creates and contributes a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Exceeds customer needs and takes steps to solve food or service issues.
- Works well with teammates, accepts coaching from management team and provides coaching to team members.
- Fulfills duties in a timely manner with a high focus on quality, accuracy, food safety and detail.
- Performs work functions safely and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Being dependable and timely for scheduled shifts.
Adaptability; Attitude/Interpersonal Skills/Teamwork; Compliance with Company Standards, Policies and Procedures; Customer Focus/Service; Dependability/Reliability; Job Knowledge & Skills; Productivity/Quality
- 3+ year’s progressive food service experience and a passion for the industry.
- Ability to cook and produce high volumes of food.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working within a K-12 school district is strongly desired.
Lift/Carry/Push > 50 lbs. - NEVER
Lift/Carry/Push up to 25 lbs. – RARELY
Lift/Carry/Push up to 10 lbs. - OCCASSIONALLY
Lift /Carry/Push < 5 lbs. - REGULARLY
Walking - REGUALRY
Standing - REGULARLY
Sitting – REGULARLY
Climbing - RARELY
Balancing - OCASSIONALLY
Stooping - OCASSIONALLY
Kneeling - RARELY
Crouching - OCCASSIONALLY
Reaching - OCCASSIONALLY
Handling - REGULARLY
Fingering - REGULARLY
Seeing - REGULARLY
Hearing - REGULARLY
Smelling - REGULARLY
Tasting - REGULARLY
- Working conditions sometimes involve exposure to excessive heat and cold associated with kitchen environment.
- Exposure to various foods, cleaning chemicals, sharp utensils, and hazardous food
- preparation equipment.
- Food preparation equipment to include oven, stove, grill, fryer, carving utensils, measuring tools, dish washing equipment.
- General office equipment: computer, phone, fax, copier, scanner, calculator.
This Job Description is not a contract. This job description does not create a contract, express or implied, guaranteeing you any specific term of employment, nor does it obligate you to continue your employment for a specific period of time or alter your status as an employee at will.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Fresh Picks Cafe
FoodView all jobs at Fresh Picks Cafe
Get fresh Lead COOK jobs daily straight to your inbox!