Newly-constructed health-oriented farm-to-table café/restaurant seeking a talented head chef and experienced kitchen manager, with potential for future business partnership. This fast-casual, counter service concept is located in the heart of Portsmouth, NH and is scheduled to open Spring 2020. Portsmouth is widely considered the most trending, and nicest city in NH and a destination dinner town.The position is available for immediate hire at 40 hours/week to start. Immediate responsibilities will include hiring and training all positions, menu development and full involvement in all business operations and launch of the cafe/restaurant. Once open, business hours will be 7 days a week from 7am to 9pm; it is expected you will comfortable being responsible for ordering, scheduling, food costing, food safety, inventory, quality control and more.
We will be serving mostly but not entirely plant-based, organic food including breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as juices and smoothies. Non-vegetarian options may include organic pasture-raised chicken and eggs, grass-fed beef, and wild Alaskan salmon. Our goal is to strike the perfect balance of making our menu as great-tasting while also being as optimal for health as possible.
This is a year-round, full-time position and includes a combination of early morning through evening hours, as well as weekend and holiday availability.
This position also requires extended periods of standing, physical movement and the ability to lift at least 30-50lbs.
If you don't live in Portsmouth but are willing to relocate, please inquire.
Generous salary+bonus, premium health insurance, along with the potential to become a long-term partner/stakeholder make this a great opportunity for the right person
Kitchen Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create new recipes and design overall menu, including weekly specials
· Order, record and maintain all inventory stock; including foods, beverages, and kitchen/FOH supplies
· Food/labor cost
· Hire and train new staff
· Food safety and sanitation management
· Overall operations management
Executive Chef Requirements and Qualifications
· Culinary Arts degree and/or other culinary certification preferred
· 3+ years experience in a head chef or managerial kitchen position
· ServSafe certification preferred
· Vast knowledge in culinary arts, including any new up and coming food trends
· Effective and clear communicator
· Proficiency using Microsoft Suite to monitor and track inventory and maintain recipe records
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Proven leadership and creative abilities inside the kitchen
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!