Position: Office Administrator
Reports to: Human Resources & Office Coordinator and CEO
At UP Vertical Farms, our mission is to become one of the largest and most sustainable indoor vertical farm producer of baby leafy greens by 2023, producing the safest, most nutritious, and best tasting salad greens. Our hands-free, high density, tech-driven vertical farm puts people and our planet first. It also supports the local economy by producing the most flavourful greens, picked at the peak of freshness, and delivered to the local market with speed and precision. Learn more about our mission at https://upverticalfarms.com.
Reporting to the Human Resources & Office Coordinator and the CEO, the Office Administrator provides a range of support to the operations at UP Vertical Farms. They will provide general administrative support by updating and creating documents, data entry, receiving and tracking invoices, answering emails and phone calls, welcoming onsite visitors, purchasing office and operational supplies, and other duties as instructed.
- Performs day-to-day clerical activities; this includes but is not limited to:
- Greeting onsite visitors by managing the entrance and visitor log
- Answering and directing incoming inquiries over the phone and through email
- Collecting and distributing the mail
- Filing digital and physical paperwork
- Maintaining a safe and tidy office environment
- Manages supply inventory and purchases office supplies
- Develops relationships with current clients, potential clients, contractors, and vendors
- Assists with various operational and growing needs
- Invoices customers and manages Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Records expense and invoice payments in databases
- Other duties as instructed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently after receiving directions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under specific timelines
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- A background and/or education in business administration, office administration, or other related fields
- 1-2 years experience working in an office setting, preference may be given to candidates with construction or agricultural experience
- An interest or passion in growing food sustainably
- Basic accounting experience is considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, etc.)
- B.C. Class 5 Driver’s License
- 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions
- Use of personal vehicle will be required, UP Vertical Farms provides mileage reimbursements
The health and safety of our employees, industry partners, clients, and communities is our top priority. As such, UP Vertical Farms requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Fresh Green Farms Corp.
13251 Mckechnie RdPitt Meadows, BC
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.