Dryer Deck Operator (1st and 2nd Shift available)
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in a manufacturing environment. This position is expected to rotate among stations to perform the following essential job functions:
1. Coring, trimming, cutting, slicing, and chopping a variety of fresh produce items on the trim line for the duration of 8 hours or more depending on volume.
2. Mixer: using hands, a shovel or rake to mix one type of produce into another, or separate container of produce.
3. Packing bags of finished goods into corrugated boxes, containers, etc.
4. Box Maker: make boxes out of corrugated material for the pack out line.
5. Palletizing: stacking boxes of finished good onto pallets.
6. Dumper: loading and unloading raw materials into automatic dumping bins and/or manually dumping product directly onto feed conveyors.
7. Dryer: loading and unloading raw materials into automatic dryers and manually dumping product directly onto feed conveyors.
8. Rollers: retrieve and remove film on carts back and forth from the line.
9. Hi/Lo: complete VIR and dump logs. Transport product from the cooler to the line using a forklift or pallet jack. Empty and break down bins and trash.
Job Function Statements Essential Functions:
A General labor worker is expected to perform the following essential job functions:
1. Use a knife or peeler to trim, cut or peel product.
2. Moving arms forward in a "throwing motion" or pushing mixed vegetables into product and mixing it together while bent over.
3. Handling product that may have a temperature of 32-36 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Pack finished bags into boxes in a timely manner so as not to hold up the pace of the packaging machine. This requires moving arms back and forth in a forward motion. The incumbent will then take the bags off the line and place them downward into the box.
5. Lift bags of finished product up to 35 pounds during the duration of the shift.
6. Deliver condiments to appropriate lines, place condiment master packs in scale bucket/inserter.
7. Make boxes by lifting the corrugated strips and folding them into a box.
8. Responsible for counting and keeping track of product dumped into the hoppers.
9. Safely operate hoists, dryers, and dumping machines.
10. Transferring filled baskets of product in and out of dryers.
11. Push the finished goods through the tape machine, applying gentle force to a box from left to right or right to left so that the tape machine can process the box.
12. Load finished boxes onto the pallets, stacking the boxes from floor level to above head level. This requires using the whole body: bending at waist, bending at legs/knees while carrying the box and moving arms overhead to place it at the top of the pallet. This requires a lifting ability of up to 35 pounds and stacking boxes up to 80 inches high.
13. Lift rolls of film weighing up to 100lbs.
14. Lift and move red pallets weighing up to 100 pounds on a continuous basis.
15. Perform other duties, such as basic housekeeping, as assigned.
1. Physical requirements: must be able to stand for the duration of the shift (8 hours or more), perform repetitive motions throughout shift such as push/pull/lift, bend continuously throughout the shift, lift up to 100 pounds, and be able to climb stairs or step up onto a platform several times throughout the shift.
2. Must be able to work in a noisy, wet and cold environment of approximately 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Must be able to work 6 consecutive days, overtime and weekends if necessary.
4. Must be able to count, read, and tell time.
1. Complete Dryer Deck Training if working on Dryer Deck
2. Complete PIT Training if a Hi/Lo Operator
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ConstructionView all jobs at Fresh Express