Sr. Manager, Program Manager Office (PMO)
- Posted: over a month ago
Fresh Consulting is seeking an experienced Senior Manager PMO. The Senior Manager of the PMO is a critical strategic and tactical role in our organizational transformation. Reporting to the PMO Director, the Senior Manager PMO will own process discipline and execution, leading a cross-functional geographically dispersed team of project delivery professionals. The role requires a person who is comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization, in managing conflict and tradeoffs, and is an enabler for cross-functional clarity, communication and execution through servant leadership, driving accountability, adaptability, and inspiring to lead the teams through the transformation.
This role encompasses direction, scalable, right-sized program planning, resourcing, project and program governance, and project delivery excellence to ensure that our projects and initiatives are delivered on time and within budget. The Senior Manager PMO actively ensures that all projects administered by the PMO adhere to our organizational best practices and scalable, standardized program and project management approaches. They manage change and promote the continuous improvement within the PMO and how we enable and accelerate the delivery of value for our clients and the teams that we have the honor to serve.
Who we are:
Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software and hardware development company, offering end-to-end technological services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We focus on delivering business-led, technology-enabled change for our clients including industry-specific hardware, software, strategy, and design, and the latest in mobile, analytics, and cloud solutions.
- Develop and implement suitable business transformation strategies to respond to internal and external drivers, challenge existing PMO practices and identifying new and better ways of working to accelerate the Fresh PMO towards achieving its strategic outcomes, increasing quality, and improving delivery excellence across our portfolio.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Deliver business-led, technology-enabled change for our clients.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and / or diverse teams and client engagements.
- Initiate and lead candid conversations with teams, clients, and stakeholders to build trust.
- Developing complex onsite implementation and outsourcing proposals from deal qualification through transition to delivery.
- Co-own the responsibility for establishing the Fresh PMO organization as a center of excellence in project delivery and organizational change. Actively lead, coach, and mentor team members.
- Partner with the PMO Director to establish and advance the Fresh PMO project methodology framework incorporating structures, standards, processes, templates, and actionable insights and reporting, which is agile and is right sized for the size, complexity, and risks of the project.
- You will manage work threads across one or more engagement teams to help our clients solve problems, expand market share, improve operations, and grow their business.
- Assist and advise Fresh Practice Area Leaders, Project Sponsors, line managers, and teams in the best use of project management disciplines, processes, and techniques.
- Shape, deliver, and embed organizational development strategies to build a culture that aligns with our business values and behaviors to achieve sustained high-performance repeatable practices.
- Ensures the right initiatives are undertaken and the stated project benefits are being fully realized throughout the enterprise.
- Define and implement standardized non-technical processes, models, and techniques for project teams, generating consistency and scaling our customer-focused success team capabilities.
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects.
- Guide the management and mentoring of multiple project teams and scope changes while balancing budgets, quality, and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure the projects within a program are successfully executed on time, on budget, and in scope while achieving quality by actively managing scope, schedule, resources, and risks.
- Manage changes to the program scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate project management methods and methodologies.
- Proven ability to successfully lead large, complex programs and project management teams that deliver solutions on schedule, within budget constraints, and within scope while achieving the quality requirements for the project/program under execution.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an outstanding ability to simplify sophisticated concepts and to bring clarity in the face of ambiguity.
- Leadership – must be a strategic thinker able to convert transformative ideas to practical solutions that deliver real results.
- Teamwork - must be able to lead inter-company and cross-functional teams to meet objectives.
- Ability to influence others – is very skilled and comfortable informing and leading others to action on key initiatives.
- Organizational agility - must possess the ability to interface with and influence all levels of the organization and across functional boundaries.
- Strong design, software development lifecycle, or product development background.
- Organized, resourceful, and creative with excellent time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to bridge individuals and teams.
- Strong conflict resolution skills. The ability to turn conflict or friction into ‘win-win’ scenarios.
- An established track record of excellent follow-through and accountability.
- Experience working with multiple project management methodologies, including waterfall, agile, SAFe, and hybrid.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 9+ years of experience as a Project, Product or Program Manager in a design, product development, or consulting environment.
- 8+ years’ experience managing large software applications, gathering internal and external client requirements for the management of those applications in implementation and production settings, and turning those requirements into client-specific, compliant, cost competitive solutions.
- 7 years of experience managing project teams of 15 to 20+ employees/contractors.
- Professional certification, education from a PMI or equivalent accredited organization or demonstrated equivalent professional experience is required for this leadership role.
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- High integrity, values-driven Executive Leadership Team
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- HSA / HRA Options to Medical Plans
- Employee Insurance premiums paid by Fresh
- Competitive time-off plans
- Wellness program
- 401K with partial matching
- Training and development programs
- Daily catered lunch
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging clients who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made, or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
See Fresh in action
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Fresh Consulting