Modeling & Simulation Mechanical Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs - https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Modeling and Simulation Mechanical Engineer
Duration: 1 year with high possibly of extension
Location: Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
- Onsite is required. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Candidate must be a U.S Person.
***Must be authorized to work with no visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future***
- Deliver physics based modeling and and simulation for soft robotic actuators, sensors, and subassemblies.
- Validate materials properties for novel elastomers, composites, and polymers.
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers to prototype hardware solutions, iterate, and runexperiments to validate simulations.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Assemble and modify existing pieces of equipment to meet special needs.
- Build, test, and modify product prototypes using working models or theoretical models constructed with computer simulation.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Confer with engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Provide training and support to system designers and users.
- 5+ years of experience developing simulations using Ansys, Comsol, or equivalent.
- Experience developing numerical models using Matlab or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience designing mechanical components in NX.
- Experience setting up and conducting experiments to validate simulation results.
- Experience developing models leveraging non-linear elastic materials.
- Experience working with various materials including elastomers, textiles, and composites.
- Knowledgeable of pneumatic actuators and soft robotic systems.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
Education: Master’s Degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, or equivalent experience
- Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
- The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
- We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
- We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
- Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united
together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Fresh Consulting
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?