Are you ready for an exciting new, fast paced work opportunity?
Fremont Bank offers a very attractive employment package that includes:
- Various Recognition Programs including Monetary Spot Bonuses!
- Up to $5000 Tuition Reimbursement for continued education!
- 10 Paid Bank Holidays!
- Paid Vacation!
- Paid Sick Time!
- An ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) = Retirement Money!!
- 401K Plan with an employer match!
READY TO LEARN MORE & APPLY?! Keep Reading!!!
Fremont Bank founded in 1964, is one of the oldest independently owned banks in the Bay Area and is one of the top rated mid-tierbanks in the nation. Voted a Top Workplace for 2018 and for the past eight consecutive years, Fremont Bank has an immediate opening for a Mortgage Loan Processor (Temp) in Livermore, CA.
The Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for processing and managing a pipeline of 40-55 residential mortgage loans. The Loan Processor is the main point of contact for the borrower from loan application through funding. The Incumbent must be knowledgeable in the overall loan process and must have a general understanding of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and other investor guidelines.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review and evaluate loan file documentation including AUS findings, credit reports, preliminary title reports, flood certifications, appraisals and income and asset documentation prior to forwarding the file to underwriter
- Determine any issues that may need to be addressed with the borrower for clarification
- Ensure all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions
- Issue (mail or email) the Conditional Letter of Approval (CLA) or Notice of Incomplete (NOI) letter to the borrowers within the established Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Act as primary contact for borrower to follow-up on all underwriter directed and compliance related conditions
- Review pipeline daily to follow up on all aging loans and expired CLAs or NOIs
- Maintain communication with manager and loan agent regarding the status of loans that are stagnant or not moving through the pipeline in a timely manner
- Review and update conditions in preparation to submit the loan file to Underwriting for final approval
- Research and follow-up on outbound calls
- Other projects assigned by management
- Cross train with various channels (Retail, Third-Party Origination and Consumer Lending)Quickly and efficiently move file through loan stages
- Take corrective actions when file is stalled in a process
- Communicate frequently with Supervisor and Manager on status of pipeline and any potential issues
- Perform and document telephone calls made to borrower to update the borrower on status, missing items, and any outstanding questions
- Educate the borrower on the loan process, expected turn times, and communications they will receive
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external customers including but not limited to Title companies, Escrow companies, Realtors, City Officials, Employers, and various internal departments
- Complete reports for management
- Train and mentor new employees
- Navigating and updating the information in the Lending Operating System
- Facilitating customer-centric behaviors and a superior customer experience for both internal and external customers
- Keeping apprised of changes in Investor, Regulatory and Bank guidelines; integrating changes into daily processes
- Verifying accuracy and completeness of loan files
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a mortgage loan processing environment
- High School Diploma/GED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle competing priorities effectively and within established timeframes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Prior customer service experience in a mortgage environment is required
- Experience working with a computer environment, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- Must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau loan originator qualification
- Knowledge working with automated underwriting systems (DU/LP) is preferred but not required
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, and other investor lending guidelines preferred
- Knowledge of Loan Origination System such as Empower a plus.
Ready to join the fun!! Apply NOW…Click link below