Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manager Facilities - Plant Operations
Medical Center ? Maintenance & Engineering
night/wknd as needed
The Manager Facilities Plant Operations supervises the Plant Operations and Maintenance Departments including all maintenance, plant, and engineering functions on multiple campuses. Building sites may include hospital, clinic and office facilities. Manages service delivery, financial performance and operations of the unit.
Minimum: Education: High school diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D) required. Licensure/Certification: City of Omaha 3rd Grade Stationary Engineers License or equivalent experience or licensure or a State of Nebraska Electrical License. Valid and current Driver's license required. Experience: Minimum three experience in or related management experience.
Preferred: Education: Associates degree in Facilities Management or related field . Licensure/Certification: Candidates possessing an advanced certification in health care related field preferred, CHFM, CHC, CHSP, etc. Experience: Five years previous supervisory experience.
Essential Functions1. Assists the Director Facility Operations with all compliance documentation for the Authority Having Jurisdiction that oversee the assigned facilities.
2. Performs management duties, including employee hiring, training, coaching, counseling, mentoring, corrective action, terminations, and performance evaluations, to ensure competent staff with the physical plant and maintenance departments.
3. Supervises the daily operations of the Plant Engineering/Maintenance departments by managing staff assignments, performing productivity audits, and identifying and training needs to ensure consistent quality and productivity of employees.
4. Prepares and maintains work schedules for assigned staff to ensure all work activities are covered on a daily basis. Ensures overtime is used appropriately. Adjusts staffing appropriately to meet work demands.
5. Documents payroll, time, and attendance variances accurately by running reports and manually entering data to ensure correct payroll is completed by established weekly deadlines.
6. Develops and maintains the departmental operating budget by implementing action plans to control spending and utilization of approved purchasing practices to ensure fiscal viability of the Health System.
7. Supervises the Preventative Maintenance program by monitoring and performing inspection of preventative and no-scheduled maintenance on utility and mechanical systems, making repair/replacement recommendations, and logging information for record keeping and report generating for compliance issues to ensure functionality of all equipment.
8. Supervises the maintenance activities to include paint touch-up, repair of wall, doors and hardware, minor electrical and plumbing, pneumatic tube system, repair refrigeration and refrigeration monitoring systems, carpet, bed, and furniture repairs, to ensure a safe and efficient hospital operation.
9. Monitors computer system entries by staff by reviewing vendor service request forms, communicating with the maintenance mechanics and engineers, and making changes as appropriate to ensure accuracy.
10. Maintains inventory of parts and supplies by ordering from established vendors to ensure inventory is available for the repair and maintenance of equipment.
11. Negotiates and schedules service and repair work by working with outside vendors to ensure proper and expeditious service.
12. Attends internal and external meetings to ensure oversight and compliance regarding security issues with the Health System.
Bernita Mascher (402) 941-7366 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fremont Area Medical Center
Get fresh Director of Plant Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
Most Popular Jobs Similar to Director of Plant Operations