We are seeking a Veterinary Tech to join our team! You will perform medical and administrative functions in order to drive our hospital’s success.
- Assist Veterinarian and support staff with exams, lab work, reception and surgery as directed.
- Maintain instruments, equipment and machinery to ensure proper working order.
- Prepare vaccines and serums for prevention of diseases.
- Administer injections.
- Take x-rays.
- Perform blood draws.
- Complete DEA/Drug log entries.
- Obtain, prepare, and analyze specimens in accordance with hospital standards.
- Perform Idexx laboratory in-house testing in accordance with hospital standards.
- Prepare tissue samples, take blood samples, and execute laboratory tests, such as urinalysis and blood counts.
- Prepare specimens for outside laboratory.
- Treat hospitalized patients.
- Observe the behavior and condition of animals, and monitor their clinical symptoms.
- Admit and discharge patients in an efficient manner.
- Administer emergency first aid, such as performing emergency resuscitation or other life saving procedures.
- Communicate with clients regarding medical status of animals.
- Dispense medication and fill prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers.
- Calculate dosages of medication and injections.
- Bathe animals, clip nails or claws and brush and cut animal’s hair.
- Insert tracheotomy tubes.
- Take medical histories and vital signs of patients.
- Maintain legible and legally defensible medical records.
- Enter and retrieve computer data.
- Take radiographs, perform treatments and perform dentals on patients.
- Perform placement of IV catheters.
- Administer and calculate IV fluid rates.
- Administer anesthesia to animals, under the direction of a veterinarian.
- Monitor anesthetized patients.
- Assist in surgical procedures.
- Prepare surgical room.
- Prepare animals for surgery.
- Care for and monitor the condition of animals recovering from surgery.
- Provide assistance with animal euthanasia and the disposal of remains..
- Train new technicians as needed.
- Previous experience as a Vet Tech
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Fremont Animal Hospital LLC
125 South RoadFremont, NH
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.