FreightVerify Ann Arbor, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
Based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan, FreightVerify is a cloud-based technology company that transforms how business is done in the transportation industry. FreightVerify was founded by a group of logistics and technology industry leaders aiming to connect shippers and carriers in new ways to make for a more efficient and cost-effective market.
We provide our customers with a true end-to-end solution, from part order through consolidation, warehouse cross-docking, to destination back dock, and beyond (inside the four walls). Utilizing IoT, data, and AI technologies, FreightVerify integrates with customers’ existing supply chains at the enterprise level and tracks everything in real-time for true end-to-end results—providing ETA prediction, on-time performance measurement, business intelligence, reporting, and analysis.
We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative DevOps engineer to help build and operate our next-generation Cloud Platform to transform the transportation industry. In this role, you will work as an integrated member of the Product Engineering team to build and support a highly robust, scalable, and secure cloud platform to meet the needs of our enterprise customers.
- Build automated DevOps delivery/deployment pipeline to enable CI/CD of platform and applications into cloud environments
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, and restores of the FreightVerify platform across multiple cloud environments
- Instrument infrastructure and platform services with monitoring, alerting, logging, and distributed monitoring tools
- Evaluate and implement new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability
- Perform incident and change management processes across all environments
- Optimize and improve automation as part of the problem management process
- Assess, validate, and implement security controls and compliance validation
- Help develop strategies for zero-downtime deployments (Blue-Green)
- Drive operational cost reductions through service and resource optimizations and demand-based resource usage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Math, or comparable work experience
- Strong bias to automate everything and mindset to manage infrastructure through code
- Minimum of 10 years of successful experience in software development, build, and deployment, with at least 5 years of experience in DevOps preferred
- Strong Amazon Web Services administration experience
- Strong understanding of cloud-based server and network architectures, including setup and management of firewalls, load balancers, VPNs, VPCs, database server instances, and web servers
- Proficient with scripting (Python, Perl, and Bash skills desired)
- Proficient with automation tools like Jenkins and Ansible, Nexus a plus
- Excellent understanding of API Gateways, Message Handlers, and Micro-services API architecture
- Database administration experience is a plus
- Enterprise Security experience a plus
- Collaborative personality with good communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
As an equal opportunity employer, FreightVerify complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law. FreightVerify will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities by contacting us.
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at FreightVerify