Aircraft Mechanic Apprenticeship (No Previous Aircraft Experience)
- Expired: November 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOIN OUR APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
Freight Runners Express / Air Charter Express (FRE/ACE) is accepting resumes to join our aircraft mechanic apprenticeship program. We are looking for individuals that have basic mechanical skills with a drive to learn aviation maintenance; you do not need to be a licensed mechanic or have any previous aviation experience. This would be approximately a three-year program working with our maintenance department on company aircraft. By the completion of the program, you will earn an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate issued by the FAA at no cost to you. The goal being that you would want to continue to advance your career working at FRE/ACE which is one of the fastest growing airlines in the Midwest.
You will be provided all company-owned tooling and resources necessary to begin the program.
FAA application fees and testing that is required will be paid by the company with no upfront cost to you!
- 1st shift - 5 days, Monday through Friday, 07:00 to 15:30
$18/hour - Pre-Apprentice (approx. 6-12 Months) Learn the basics; assisting with our off-wing component repairs, training in towing, fueling, corrosion prevention, servicing, etc.
$20/hour - Airframe Apprentice (approx. 12-14 Months) Airframe inspections, finishes, landing gear, hydraulics, avionics, etc.
$22/hour - Airframe License/Powerplant Apprentice (approx. 12-16 Months) Perform all maintenance on the airframe and learn about the engines
$25+/hour minimum - Complete the apprenticeship and receive your A&P License and join our certificated maintenance team!
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Private Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurance (We offer one of the best medical plans available, which limits employee out-of-pocket expenses to $1,000/calendar year)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Employee referral bonus program
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- GED or High School Equivalent Diploma
- Candidates must hold an valid Drivers License
- We need self-starters with the ability to work well with others
- Pass background check and pre-employment drug test
- Be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language, FAA CFR 65.71.
- Pratt & Whitney Engines
- Rolls Royce Engines
FRE/ACE is a part 135 airline operating in Milwaukee for over 30 years. We offer newer facilities, heated hangars, updated aircraft and avionics, and friendly atmosphere. We are a growing company with plenty of room to advance your career with management opportunities. We are proud to be a drug and alcohol free workplace and require pre-employment and random prohibited substance testing. Each applicant must be a United States citizen, or have the right to work in the United States. FRE/ACE is an equal opportunity employer.
Freight Runners Express
Get fresh Aircraft Mechanic Apprenticeship jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.