Freethink Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Freethink & Big Think
Freethink is a media publisher telling stories from the frontiers of our rapidly-changing, ever-inspiring world, with a focus on short-form documentaries. We’re a platform for the people and ideas that are changing our world — sharing stories of innovators, entrepreneurs, and activists who are thinking differently and making a difference.
Watch this trailer to see what we’re all about: www.freethink.com/videos/introducing-freethink
Recently Big Think and our e-Learning platform Big Think + were acquired by Freethink.
Big Think is the platform for thought leadership. On Big Think, you can explore the world's biggest questions with the world's biggest thinkers, through incredible interviews, fascinating articles and amazing podcasts. We make our audience 'smarter faster' by introducing them to the world's most inspiring minds and ideas today.
Our core teams in New York City, Los Angeles, and DC are joined by a growing network of directors, editors, composers, designers, journalists, developers and more all around the world. Together, we’re building the kind of media company we all want to work for: curious, experimental, and ambitious.
About the Role
Are you the type of person who can’t NOT see a typo? We are looking for a Copy Editor to serve as the final approver before our content (videos especially) go live on the Freethink and Big Think platforms.
What You'll Do
- Proof all video content to confirm copy is correct
- Confirm specific requirements for specific video products are met (example: logo bugs in the right places, credits are accurate, etc.)
- As time allows, proof all published articles as well as investor updates or sales communications as needed
What You'll Need
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize many inputs
- High sense of responsibility
What You’ll Get Out of This Opportunity
- Collaborative culture in a startup environment
- Competitive salary and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Commuter Benefits, Mobile Phone Stipend, and more!
- Growth opportunities within a fast-growing company
You can work from home or in one of our offices (DC, Manhattan, LA, etc).
Powered by JazzHR
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Freethink