The Freestore Foodbank is hiring! We are currently searching for a full-time SNAP Outreach Specialist at our Customer Connection Center location!
Job Description Summary
Screen individuals for SNAP eligibility and provide in-person and telephonic application assistance; submit electronic applications. Provide compassionate customer service and handle both phone and walk-in customers with efficiency and a high degree of professionalism. Effectively work within a team environment to ensure expeditious and accurate application assistance and referrals to hunger programs. Explain SNAP policy and application procedures to clients and individuals in the community.
- Screen applicants for federal and state benefits
- Interview applicants to obtain necessary, factual information.
- Refer clients to area hunger programs
- Demonstrate analytical, organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Adhere to all outlined protocols regarding application security and confidentiality of information.
- Offer information about other resources to those ineligible for SNAP.
- Submit completed applications within the designated time frame.
- Advise customers of all required Job and Family Services verification documents necessary to secure SNAP benefits.
- Attend all SNAP and agency related trainings.
- Keep accurate records of calls and required information as assigned.
- Strongly and confidently exhibit knowledge of web based application processing systems
- Complete filing, mailing, and assigned clerical tasks in a timely fashion.
- Communicate complex customer inquiries or complaints to the SNAP Outreach Manager or manager on duty
- Stay abreast of SNAP policy and eligibility guidelines.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university strongly preferred
- Call center and in-person application assistance experience preferred. One or more years of customer service in benefit enrollment preferred
Skills & Abilities
Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices. Ability to read and comprehend documents and spreadsheets. Display excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a client population composed of diverse cultures and age groups. Ability to write reports and correspondence with strong written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to use online benefit application software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standing: Up to 1/3 of the time
Walking: Up to 1/3 of the time
Sitting: 2/3 of the time or more
Talking: 2/3 of the time or more
Lifting Frequency: None
Weight: up to 10 lbs
Interaction with the general public. Potential for high-risk clientele including mental illness and substance abuse-related behaviors.
Freestore Foodbank is one of Ohio’s largest food banks. We distribute 23 million meals annually through a network of about 350 community partner agencies serving 20 counties in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability, and further self-reliance for people in crisis.
To apply, e-mail your information and salary requirement to email@example.com or go to http://freestorefoodbank.org/about/bios/careers/ and fill out an application online.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Freestore FoodbankFreestore Foodbank is one of Ohio’s largest food banks. We distribute 27 million meals annually through a network of 400 community partners serving 20 counties in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability, and further self-reliance for people in crisis.