The Freestore Foodbank is hiring! We are currently searching for a full-time HR Business Partner at our Central Parkway location!
Job Description Summary
The HR business partner (HRBP) position contributes to the company performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives. Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level while supporting more than one functional group. Will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: talent acquisition; employee relations consultation; policy interpretation and application, performance and compensation; benefits administration; management consultation; and talent management consultation. May carry out additional responsibilities to include organizational design employee development initiatives and training.
- Talent Acquisition– Actively participates in recruitment campaigns. Facilitates the process of candidate selection; interviewing; job offer; background check; and candidate onboarding details. Prescreens candidate applications and resumes for required skills; experience and knowledge to fit position requirements. Make referrals to the hiring managers and ensures efficient turn-around activity. Co-facilitates New Employee Orientation program for new hires.
- Employee Relations– Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Management Consultation – Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate. Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching counseling, career development, disciplinary actions. Provides guidance and input on business unit restructure, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Performance Management–Supports annual HR cycle deliverables to include performance management; merit and bonus awards; Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Payroll and Benefits Administration- Provide administrative support and execution of the benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance. Responsible for enrolling employees in the benefit plans (online or otherwise), ensuring that benefit invoices are paid adequately and in a timely basis, keep records of benefits plans & participation such as insurance and retirement plan. Manages, performs, and process the organization’s payroll. Responsible for accurate and timely payroll processing. Main contact for payroll vendor and communication of payroll edits, upgrades, and changes.
- Additional Responsibilities: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources. Organizational Leadership, Management, or related field. Five years in Human resources generalist duties in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years of Human Resources experience. Non-Profit and/or Social Services industries preferred.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting: 2/3 of the time or more
Talking: Up to 1/3 of the time
Hearing: Up to 1/3 of the time
Typing: Up to 1/3 of the time and at least type 60 wpm
Lifting Frequency: Occasionally
Weight: up to 10 lbs
Office environment, accessible to the general public. Potential for high risk, including mental illness and substance abuse-related behaviors.
Freestore Foodbank is one of Ohio’s largest food banks. We distribute 23 million meals annually through a network of about 350 community partner agencies serving 20 counties in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability, and further self-reliance for people in crisis.
To apply, e-mail your information and salary requirements to email@example.com or go to http://freestorefoodbank.org/about/bios/careers/ and fill out an application online.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Freestore FoodbankFreestore Foodbank is one of Ohio’s largest food banks. We distribute 27 million meals annually through a network of 400 community partners serving 20 counties in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability, and further self-reliance for people in crisis.