Freeman is seeking an Operations Manager to manage various departments, teams and operations in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by the General Manager. The Operations Manager will ensure the successful, timely, and cost-effective implementation of each project. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain the team concept in the branch by insuring the successful interfacing of each department.
- Confer with clients and other branches to evaluate and promote improved service of the branch operation.
- Review operating procedures and modifies procedures and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance the profitable operation of the branch.
- Direct the procurement of rental equipment for shows and schedule personnel for local business or travel shows.
- Direct preparation of accounting records: purchase orders, check requests, PCNs, expense reports, and cross rentals.
- Assist the General Manager with planning for the following: training, cost reductions, assembling the budget, replacing personnel, changing vendors, etc.
- Work with Human Resources in preparing and updating job descriptions for all positions within the departments supervised.
- Bachelor's Degree
"Freeman is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status. We conduct background checks and drug testing on all applicants."
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, 401K plan, company match and one of the largest privately held Employee Stock Ownership Plans in the US. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Freeman, e-mail Freeman.Recruiting@freemanco.com. All inquiries should be limited to disability-related assistance only and should not be used for any other inquiries.
- Minimum four (4) years of supervisory experience
- Ability to supervise employees and effectively present information
- Ability to work with clients and general public
- Minimum seven (7) years of trade show experience in multiple areas of operations
- Successful at leveraging technology and people to optimize efficiencies and service delivery
- Experience developing a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Ability to manage and effectively present information
- Demonstrated internal and external customer service skills