- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Freeman Company, a progressive and growing design and manufacturer of custom tooling, has a CNC Machinist position in Fremont, OH. The CNC Machinist will maintain, set-up, and operate equipment efficiently maximizing machine utilization and produce parts to required specifications per the production schedule.
Freeman offers a clean, modern, and fully air-conditioned facility along with an excellent wage and benefit package including 401K match and profit share program.
1. Plan, setup, adjust, and operate a variety of CNC machine tools (3-5 axis milling; turning lathes; surface, gig, ID/OD grinding; and wire EDM).
2. Perform complex series of progressive machining operations on a diversified line of work to exacting tolerances and finish specifications.
3. Understand feeds, speeds, tooling and operational sequences.
4. Review part process and program off-line for potential problems before they occur.
5. Read and understand multi-view drawings and blueprints.
6. Perform needed metrology inspections and report issues.
7. Set-up and monitor multiple machines
8. Fully understand fit and function of components to ensure proper function of assemblies.
9. Work with minimum supervision in regard to technical assistance.
10. Use exceptional problem solving skills and offer potential solutions when faced with adversity.
11. Responsible, as part of the production team, for meeting performance goals for scrap, rework, labor efficiency and downtime.
12. Maintain the reputation of the Freeman Company through all business dealings with customers and suppliers.
13. Perform any and all other duties as assigned that are in the best interest of the Freeman Company.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma
- General understanding and ability to interpret mechanical drawings
- General mechanical knowledge preferably in a CNC machining environment
Able to meet the following physical demands of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Lift, push, and pull up to 55 lbs.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- Stand 50% of the time.
- Walk for extended periods of time
- May work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time, performs sustained manual activities at low to moderate levels of exertion.
- Two-year degree in a technical field or journeyman’s card as a machinist, tool maker, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of a CAD/CAM working environment
- Reading programming CNC G-code language
- Mechanically inclined and a motivated self starter
- Available to work an off-shift schedule
Freeman Company - BMGWhy Work Here?
Ask us about our signing bonus!
We are a clean, modern, fully air-conditioned, state of the art facility, with room to grow your career!