Additive Manufacturing Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Freeform is a stealth mode metal 3D printing startup founded on the belief that transforming the way things are made is essential to making the world a better place. Our advanced technology stack lies at the intersection of hardware, software, and data science, creating the foundation for the world's first fully autonomous and scalable manufacturing system. Our core team hails from several of the world's most innovative companies such as SpaceX, Virgin Hyperloop, and Blue Origin, and we have secured significant funding from several of Silicon Valley's top venture capital firms.
As an Additive Manufacturing Technician at Freeform, you will play a critical role in the post processing of 3D printed parts for the world's most additive manufacturing systems. You will work alongside the engineering team to create, sample, and test part builds, and use learnings to improve processes and procedures. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced R&D environment, will enjoy solving problems and making improvements, and will have a no job too big or small mentality.
3D printing experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative individuals who love solving hard problems and creating amazing technology!
- Operate, maintain, and monitor additive manufacturing machinery and handle metal powders.
- Perform metallurgical sample preparation including cutting, grinding, polishing, acid etching, and optical microscopy.
- Work with the engineering team to collect data and conduct testing, analysis, and review of printed parts.
- Participate in process improvement efforts to streamline printing and testing procedures.
- Contribute to installation and testing of systems/hardware within the 3D printing machines.
- Act as a point of contact for the engineering and operations teams; assist in planning and coordination of resources to ensure pace of development/execution is maximized.
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical systems support, materials and processing, or additive manufacturing process support.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in metallurgical sample preparation.
- Experience handling and keeping track of a large number of physical parts and the measurements taken on them.
- Experience in operating complex equipment.
- Skilled with manual machining, welding, cutting, fitting and/or bending of stainless steels, aluminums, and high-strength nickel alloys.
- Ability to utilize power tools, hand tools, cranes, forklifts, and other heavy equipment.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs unassisted.
- Ability to climb ladders and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime when needed.
- Safety conscience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- We are located in Hawthorne in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, large R&D and production areas, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of LA's vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth start-ups and enterprises.
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes significant equity in the company, as well as a full suite of additional benefits including premium health care (medical, dental, and vision) and life insurance, generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for the birthing parent, 401K, and PTO.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, flexible work hours, a fully stocked kitchenette, free parking, daily paid for lunches, and regular catered team building events.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Freeform
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?