Company Driver (Class A)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $69 Daily
- Operates a tractor-trailer with a capacity of Class A tractor-trailer.
- OTR Solo driving.
- Inspects vehicles daily to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuvers trucks into loading or unloading positions, following instructions from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Collects delivery instructions from dispatcher, verifying instructions and routes.
- Maintains Elogs and adheres to all FMCSA HOS regulations as well as maintaining a log of vehicle service and repairs.
- Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- After loading driver is to ensure the load is properly secure and all weights are correct, legal, and documented.
- Drives to transport and deliver general freight in a: safe, legal, and on time manner.
- Use Axele; Truck Management System (TMS) to upload all pages of BOL, PODs, weight tickets, lumper receipts, etc.
- Ensure PODs are clear and complete, and with required signatures.
- Performs basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as checking and adding oil, fuel, coolant.
- Checks conditions of trailer at time of pick up to ensure that there has been no damage if there is damage document it before departure of load origin.
- Reads bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Checks all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Reads and interprets maps to determine vehicle routes/use allocated route and truck GPS.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience as a truck driver
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid U.S. Commercial Drivers' License (CL A CDL)
- 24+ years of age
- Clean driving record
- Able to pass company drug screening program
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Judgment and decision making
- Operation monitoring
- Time management
- Equipment maintenance
Working for us
$69.00/working day per diem
No touch freight 95%+
Health benefits coming soon
Freedom Texas Transport LLC
15150 Preston Road Suite 300Dallas, TX
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?